OKTOBERFEST PA GTG Oct. 11, 2008

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
donDavide said:
Sorry, No Jeff. Oliver can't make it either.
I'm planning on being there. I'll bring tools and tuning equip too.

Jeff

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
jsrmonster said:
I'm planning on being there. I'll bring tools and tuning equip too.

Jeff
We heart Jeff :D

Jeff. park in the same spot you did last year!

Thank you Woot!

Last edited:

adrift

TDI
2000 Golf TDI
I couldn't justify the almost 4 hour drive unless Jeff was coming, now you all get the pleasure of meeting me. :D

BTW, is there going to be a swap-meet sort of thing going on? I don't have anything to sell, but I have been known to make impulse purchases...

Last edited:

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Because of having a driver (paid OT) deliver B99 in a fuel truck on a weekend and the cost of Soy Biodiesel that Oehlert paid for their own delivery they received, B99 would be around 4.80/gallon.

I expressed that price would be hard for our group to pay (even for me). I feel that we will pass on the B99 for our GTG this year.

Though, I am open to suggestions and or your thoughts. Sorry guys

Last edited:

osesu96

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI - Platinum Gray
I'm ok with passing on the B99. Crying out loud, that's a full dollar more than D2 in NJ. Yikes.

My 2c

jmasciulli

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S DSG, 2004 VW Golf GLS TDI (sold 2014)
Sorry, gang. I initially said I was going to attend. But, I need to back out. I have to travel the next day to a conference, and I have some things I need to do on the 11th. Probably the next time there's a GTG, I'll be deployed. :(

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
I have decided not to pursue Biodiesel for GTG.

I understand that the election is around the corner, and the economy is tanking big time.

I would like for people to be respectful at this GTG.

Thank you

Last edited:

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
I will be late, I got a quick job this morning, than I'll be on the road by 9:30. cya at noon
Jeff

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
Got home at about 20:30 from the GTG. Got the rear brakes done and the fluid replaced, although I could have done without the drama at the end of getting air into my clutch! Thanks to everyone who helped and hosted this GTG. I was a bit over a year overdue for the fluid change. The brakes were right at the point of needing done as well.

Dave

fire32njetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Alaska Green TDI Jetta
I had a fun time today working with everyone on my car and their cars. I actually went home and did my front brakes too. I cant wait till the next GTG to go to.

marschmc

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
It was nice to meet everyone today and thanks to those that organized it. I would also like to thank Justin (N2TOH) for helping with my gauge install and Jeff of RocketChip (jsrmonster) for my RC2 tune. I love the tune, it's like a different engine was dropped in!

-Mike

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
I am missing my VAG COM USB cable from Saturday. It was found.... :)

I would like to thank all that came out.I had a great time hosting the GTG.

Last edited:

savd4one

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Passat Wagon - evil gasser :)
thanks everyone for coming out, it was good seeing all the repeat attendees and meeting a few new faces :)

LOOOOOOOVED the venison and hope to see everyone next year!

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
I had a blast and am looking foward to the next gtg:D . Thanks to eddie 1 for letting me check out your duel gauge and Kombifahrer for the info on trailers, and Jeff for coming out and chipping those in need. It was nice to meet some new, as well as familiar faces. I'm also hoping that dcg will keep us posted on what the final diagnosis is on your engine. And lastly, a huge THANK YOU to Leo819 and Savd4one for hosting, It was really good to see you again. Thanks again,
Dean

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Hi! Leaving a TDI GTG and a Fest always puts me into withdrawal. It's nice to see so many TDI'ers together. Even tho my (phantom) TDI isn't power-modded, it's fun to see the possibilities. Talking German, vegetarianism, & other subjects was enjoyable too. Thank you Ginny &Gerro for hosting - you have a knack for ordering great weather! Can't wait for the next one :) . DCG, please update your car's progress!
Kristina

eddie_1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 TDI tuned to 170HP, A6 Wagon 2008 TDI 2.7L tuned to 340HP
Hi, I also want to thank everyone for a great time. It was great to meet dean, chris, tom, leo etc. The whole event just reinforced my notion that TDIclubbers are special folks, whereever you go. Thanks to Leo for his efforts and thanks to Jeff again for his tireless individual attention and special work. I got bumped upto RC3 and got home a bit quicker :).

N2TOH

Veteran Member
TDI
none currently
I would like to say I had a great time at the GTG and thank Jeff (jsrmonster) for fixing the case valve on my injection pump, It's like I have an entirely different car now. I can now rev over 4K Rpm and finally no more smoke!

Thanks again to everyone for a great time.

dddiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta
This was the first GTG I've gotten to, and I had a great time. Thanks to Leo819 and savd4one for hosting. Glad to hear you liked the venison. Hopefully, I'll have more for next time. It was great to meet everyone. I'll start saving up for tune in the Spring!

Many thanks to kromicacid for his help installing my TDIHeater!

All the best.

fire32njetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Alaska Green TDI Jetta
Someone mentioned to me a program to run outside of Vag-Com to create automatically graphs for the MAP and other things. Anyone know what that is?