Oklahoma people!

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
If I were you, I'd call VWoA and assert that this is beyond unacceptable and that you expect to be compensated for the dealer being totally incompetent.

BTW, they are totally incompetent. If you find an excuse to take it to Cable VW in OKC, please do so. I doubt they'll fix it properly...

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
Tulsa VW

Today is Monday-car has been down at Tulsa VW going on 10 days. Hopefully HPFP is successfully repaired but it is still in the shop so I can't say. Car had pulled an egr code and they said they cleaned an egr. An ecm was ordered for Saturday but apparently when the tech. saw he didn't have a new egr-he didn't install and program ecm on Saturday. Now the correct part didn't show up today!!
The car got a CEL and intermittant glow plug flashing which continued up to the point of the HPFP failure(over 2 weeks ago). Even so- the car ran okay- so I'm going to try to make it back to Florida and get it correctly diagnosed.
To add icing to the cake-since my wife is starting on her 2nd week of missing work-I tried to negotiate an "11 no option, manual trans. JSW. Tulsa VW wanted MSRP but I managed to get them to back off $1k. We were $600 apart and knowing we have to get back to Fla.- I decided to bite the bullet and eat the $600. When they crunched the numbers again today- the sales manager added $289 to swap wheels and tires on the the cars. I wanted my oem 17's with 38k on them rather than the 16" alloys and I figured they'd be happy to have new wheels and tires for the car I was about to trade. When I questioned it- he said "take it or leave it-he didn't care". "he wasn't in business to give cars away." Needless to say I turned and walked out. All this from a dealership that advertises "we'll beat any price on a VW. Apparently just not the one that you want(LOL)!

Last edited:

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. You are a braver person than I in trying to "make it back to Florida" for your diagnosis -- that's an awfully long way unless you're comfortable everything is ok. In addition to RayG being somewhat local, Brian (Oilhammer) is in St Louis (adds 4 hrs to your trip) and several are in Dallas (+3 hrs), both out of your way somewhat. Looks like there's also a trusted mechanic in Memphis which should be close to your route. But given what you just went through I know you just want to get home. Good luck and I hope you don't have any more problems.

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
Call Customer Care and have them explain why you've been treated so poorly. Demand that they have your vehicle moved to another dealer that can actually fix the problem. There is one in Fort Smith, AR and one in OKC (and possibly one in Joplin, which is kind of out of your way).

Be sure to mention that this experience makes you not want to deal with VW ever again, and also I would call the local news stations because there is a bit of public interest (car breaks down, you're from way out of state, and most workplaces don't like it when you're gone for 2 weeks) and they may have a slow story day (FWIW, I used to work for a university and there were lots of times they were having a slow news day and ran a segment on some BS activity we were doing)

KJRH KTUL KOTV

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
Tulsa VW/ all's well that ends well

Whew what a cluster-you-know-what. I was told they were going to clean the egr today to try to clear the the egr fault because the one the tech was expecting didn't arrive. They would try to clean it (again)lol. On and by the way- the guy that worked Sat. didn't program the ecm because of the egr fault. So today- they said it would take 2 hours. Then after cleaning the egr-the advisor came to me and said we still had both the CEL and glow plug lites. The ecm was yet to be programmed. I told them that since the hpfp issue was solved and the car had run fine for the last two week-we'd take our chances and head home.
When they finally brought the car out at 2:00-4 hours later than promised- no CEL or glowplug lites. WOW! They said it only had a 5 gallon can's worth of fuel and that they needed to go put more fuel in. I said the heck with that-we gotta get on the road-I'll do it. Anyway-fast forward 8 hours- we made it 460 miles to Alexandria, Louisiana with no issues other than a cruise control that doesn't work. I can get that checked out at home!

Hurricane Drew

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
So, all in all, you could definitely say your experience was disappointing with VW Tulsa. I'll continue to stay away then.

arneeche

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (former), 2012 Jetta TDI (Former), 2014 JSW TDI
same here, I am refusing to go to them even for parts and filters. BTW oklahoma people, Sabre Chemical in tulsa sells 505.01 spec oil

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
Home at last!

We made it home (Florida) Tuesday evening just in time for the NBA finals. Everything went fine with the exception of the cruise control. As I checked on the forum- I see it's controlled by the ecm. I guess it was something that was or wasn't done by Tulsa VW.
In retrospect-in listening to the service people- Tulsa VW's service manager and one of the two service writers had only been there 3 months. They were nice enough to deal with- I just think they don't have much of a clue. And their sales manager-he's just a !@@#$%^! I watched another customer leave-just shaking his head.

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
I'm glad you made it home. Definitely call Customer Care. The only way us Tulsans are going to get a competent dealer is if enough people call and complain. My wife doesn't want to ever buy another VW again because of their shenanigans.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
thanks!

Thanks guys- it's a beautiful state you have. Tulsa looks like a great place to live-plenty of nice people. We appreciated the hospitality of the nice people at LaQuinta-who thought we would never go away(lol) and the nice people at Enterprise leasing who keep getting the call-"I think we're gonna need it another day." Oh- and thanks to Josh's Shaved Ice Shack-we spent a few bucks there too!
If there's a good thing in the breakdown- we found out that if we'd broken down just a few miles further south on the Indian Nation Parkway than where we were-there'd have been no cell phone service in that area.
On another note- I had the displeasure of being "hosed" by John Wayne Towing of McAlester. Because we had a third person with us (our son), they charged us $60 extra to transport him- even though we were all in the same truck. When I mentioned this to AAA- no one that we talked to at AAA had ever heard of that practice.

Last edited:

Hurricane Drew

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
Anyone been by VW Tulsa lately? I see they still haven't broken ground on that new dealership they promised me 3 years ago.

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
Anyone been by VW Tulsa lately? I see they still haven't broken ground on that new dealership they promised me 3 years ago.
I was there at the beginning of the month to get them to fix a problem they didn't fix a year ago. Breakdown is basically:

Last year, at 35980, I came in and said my rear seat belt is getting locked up. They fix it by installing a seatbelt button at the top so that the belt doesn't get sucked into the hole. The theory sounded logical, and I don't sit in the back, and they already made me wait a crazy amount of time, so I left.

Fast forward to two months ago, I had a car full of people, and the middle seat belt wouldn't work. The buckle could only go about a foot before it caught on the top button. I called VW Tulsa and VW Customer Care and finally got an appointment for them to look at it. They do. That person doesn't document anything or order any parts. So I call back a week later and ask when my parts will be in. They tell me to come in again. I do. The same guy looks at it and remembers that he already did, and then he shows the "service manager on loan", who authorizes the parts. Says it'll be 3 days before they get the part and they'll call me. 5 days later, I call, the part has been in for 4 days, schedule an appointment, it'll only take about an hour. It took them 2.5 hours to tell me that it'll be another hour, and that they can do the ECU update while I wait for them to get back to installing the seat belt. Doing this makes it take another 2 hours and then when the car finally does come out, the wash guys did probably the worst wash job I've ever seen. Streaks everywhere, soap not fully rinsed off, hand prints, etc. I go in and complain and the service guy says "well, they aren't a detail shop"... Yes, they aren't, but anyone with a 5th grade education can wash and rinse a car without leaving soap on it.

So yeah, same old same old. Trust me, drive to OKC for anything you need from the dealer.

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
I avoid that place like the plague!
I don't think that you can say that strongly enough. :)

Now what would be awesome would be is if one of the local shops that work on German cars carried stuff I need, because I'd totally buy from them. I haven't called or anything; maybe I should.

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
I don't think that you can say that strongly enough. :)
Now what would be awesome would be is if one of the local shops that work on German cars carried stuff I need, because I'd totally buy from them. I haven't called or anything; maybe I should.
Also before others say it, I pick up Mobil 1 ESP VW 507.00 at Pep Boys. I mean stuff like filters (Mann preferably or OEM VW for oil) and other maintenance items.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
Tulsa VW

I don't want to point fingers(lol) but when their answer to a failed hpfp on my 09- was clean the tank and the lines- I knew I was in trouble!
Funny part was- I tried to negotiate a trade on an '11 JSW with them and turned down their offer. When I got back to Florida- I attempted the same. Tulsa's was the best deal I found. In the end- I traded it for a'12 Hyundai Genesis (5yr.-60k) warranty.
Oh ya- did I tell you how much we enjoyed Josh's shaved ice stands(lol)?

arneeche

Veteran Member
TDI
who would you guys recommend in tulsa to fix a falling headliner if we don't trust vw of tulsa?

dsmith1279

TDI
None......Yet???
Folks, im in Claremore. Just did a timing belt, cam and tune on my 05.5. Ive got an intermittant hard start now, which doesnt make sense. Does anyone in the tulsa area have a vagcom?

arneeche

Veteran Member
TDI
did you do the tb yourself? bc i believe that there is a section in vcds that you are supposed to adjust when the tb is done. I'm in Catoosa btw, but do not have a vag com yet

Kerzhan

TDI
1996 Passat TDI Sedan
Hello all! I'm new to Tulsa with my 96 Passat... he has about 235k miles on him, and I'm definitely looking for some competent help to keep him running. I've got an oil leak to track down, and of course I'm having trouble with those wonderful door handles. Who shall I turn to?

tulsa

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
I bought a 2004 Jetta TDI a few days ago and just wanted to say hello.
Lewis

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
About 1 month into the TDI world, and loving it so far. Just wanted to say hello to my fellow Oklahomans!

Thunder Up! :)