Oilhammer(and Car-Doc) Rocks!

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Just returned from my 1,800 mile trip to Car-Doc automotive in St. Louis. Professional, friendly, capable, and knowledgeable. Now the B5 is good for another 80,000 miles!:)

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Great to know.The trip is super and you see the country. I just love driving all over Northamerica.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
They are a great group of people! I make the trip about every 10 months or so when my next 40k service interval is up.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Sorry I haven't made it out there yet. Glad you enjoyed the trip. oilhammer is a TDIClub treasure.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Did you have other business or traveled that far simply for the service? Wow, they must be really good. :D And that must be a record on farthest distance for service. How long did it take you 3 days? (hee hee)

Last edited:

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
For me, just service. It started when I had my BSM module fixed and I've continued since then. It's about a 10 hour drive from my house to the shop. I usually go out on Sunday, it takes OH about 1/2 a day to service my car so I start home early afternoon arriving sometime around 1am.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Did you have other business or traveled that far simply for the service? Wow, they must be really good. :D And that must be a record on farthest distance for service. How long did it take you 3 days? (hee hee)
Farthest? No. When I had my B5.5 BSM swapped out there were others there that weekend as well. As I recall there was me from MA, someone from WA, and a third B5.5 from either GA or FL. Three of the four corners of the contiguous US states were there. It was like an assembly line with Oilhammer and MoGolf tag teaming the cars. One car's gears were on the hot plate expanding while another was draining coolant as a third was having the bumper pulled forward.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Back in 2001 PeterV,Myself and Rich Kinkead made a road trip to Chicago for Pete Baranko to work on our cars.....Mine ended up staying there and I had to go back a couple weeks later and drove back home in a snowstorm

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Primarily Service

I went primarily for the service, but wanted to see the ruins of an early Indian Civilization outside St. Louis. Drove the car back at about 62 mph; got 47 miles per gallon on brand new 16" tires.