oil seals covered by the dieselgate ext?

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
my extended warranty for the scandal extends to 142,000 miles- I have a oil leak somewhere inside the t belt housing, loosing a half quart every 5k.... but a mess under the car- does this cover seals? I see it covers everything the exhaust touches but not much on other items
Thanks, Joe

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Probably only one way to find out for sure— go to a dealer and try to claim it under warranty. You should find out soon enough, without wondering. It's sort of like "pre-approval." And since you know where the leak is, you might not have to incur a "diagnostic fee."
I wasn't too thrilled at first with our new health care insurer having to pre-approve some procedures, but getting it in writing is a lot better than getting an unexpected bill for a $2K MRI.

d2freeman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Mine is at 221k and I also have a small oil leak, but seems to be from the back side of the engine, just a small drip, not enough to worry about yet. Also got a letter yesterday that the extended warranty has been extended for an additional 36m/3k miles, so 51m/51k total.

adam4584

TDI
'04 B5.5 Passat, '09 Jetta tdi
the turbo drain line on mine was leaking and wasnt covered. under the tdi extended or the extended that i got from the dealer, but YMMV. just have to go find out