Oil mixing

Robin Frost

TDI
Skoda Roomster 2008 non DPF 1.9 tdi PD
Hi I am new to the forum as of 10 minutes ago,,
A couple of questions if I may...
Firstly I ran out of over 50% of my oil because I didn't secure the oil filter cap well enough, very silly.. This happened while driving home at midnight
I did think the engine sound was not quite as sweet as usual but assumed It was my imagination, ( i acquired the car only a week before) as I turned a corner quite sharply the oil light came on (more flashed on than came on ) so I immediately stopped the car,, there was nought showing on the dipstick.. I filled with 2 ltrs of oil as this was total quantity the service station I walked to had in stock.. This just got the level above the low oil fill mark... I assumed the car was burning oil at a rate, as I couldn't see an oil leak..the car started and sounded fine and I reached home 20 miles away shortly after.. The car sounded fine and no more oil light.. In the morning I checked the oil and it needed another 1 litre to reach the low oil level mark , this was when I discovered the leak..
Sorry for that long story but my questions are (1) though the engine sounds fine have I caused any engine damage..
(2) I now have 60% Valvolene syn XL lll C3 (correct oil)
And 40% Magnatec (stop start) C3 in my engine,, should I drain an refill with new Valvolene or is the mix OK.. Thanks for you time

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Drain and refill with the correct oil and filter. No way to really tell the damage if any without disassembling the engine. Just drive on and hope for the best while paying attention for any bad signs. Oil filter cap should be torqued to the correct setting when removed.

Robin Frost

TDI
Skoda Roomster 2008 non DPF 1.9 tdi PD
Drained the oil and filled with X-pro PD 505.01...
I understand without a DPF this oil is fine, driven around 100 miles now and no sign of a problem, I do think it sounds a little more noisy and rattley, but it may all be in my mind, I'll see how it goes

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Drained the oil and filled with X-pro PD 505.01...
I understand without a DPF this oil is fine, driven around 100 miles now and no sign of a problem, I do think it sounds a little more noisy and rattley, but it may all be in my mind, I'll see how it goes
Is that the 3 cylinder tdi in yours? I'm not sure of the engine code but one of them has a known issue, I think it's the oil pump and it could ruin the engine at some point in the future. Happened to a friends and skoda only covered 60% of the bill so was pretty expensive to repair.

The reason I ask is that I see your driving the roomster and it might be worth finding out if your engine is one of the problem ones and seeing if there's a fix before anything catastrophic occurs.