Oil Leak

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Is there a question or relevant statement you forgot to include in your post?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
duhh, he's too busy watching it to post.

mkane

Veteran Member
TDI
GSW SEL 6spd
It's just been to darn hot to get it out and up on stands to pull the splash shield to take a look. I suppose it's been leaking for some time now as it takes a while for the sound damping material to saturate enough before it spills out on the ground. I need to approach the dealer and tell them what to look for but, hoping this is beyond the oil change tech and hoping his last oil change caused this issue.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Hopefully the oil plug isn't inserted 3 threads and as time goes by works it way out.

Have you had to add any oil?

mkane

Veteran Member
TDI
GSW SEL 6spd
I pulled the splash guard Wednesday. Messy down there and not a hell of a lot to see with that plastic cover over the pan so, off to the dealer.

Before I sit down in the waiting room I go over to parts and sure enough they have a pan in stock. 4 hours later the service writer informs me the parts guy was wrong, no pan in stock but the good news is they say the pan is porous. In other words they can't pinpoint the leak exactly but it appears to be coming from the pan. They give me a loaner and I'll return tomorrow.

mkane

Veteran Member
TDI
GSW SEL 6spd
Oil sump replaced. 20 new bolts, sealant,washer, nut & oil. Floors still clean.