Oil Change Descision...

jimnms

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon 5-speed Tiptronic
I was thinking of doing my first oil change at the Fest, but the "cheap ass" side of my brain reminded me today that my first oil change at the dealer is free.

I'm right just over 4300 miles right now, and I'm going to be on the road tomorow through Friday. I will pass 5000 miles before Fest time. I know the oil isn't going to turn to dust at 5000 miles, so I wasn't worried about going over.

I'm just thinking I should go ahead and get that free oil change. I mainly wanted to do it at the Fest so I could borrow someone's Pella and get an experienced person to walk me through it on the TDI. Maybe if someone else needs an oil change there, they might be kind enough to let me do it on their car for practice?

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
I would not do a first oil change with a Pella. There's bound to be some junk at the bottom of your pan, do it the correct way and get that stuff out.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
What danix said. Just save that $36 or so and buy something else for your car at the fest, or buy a rocketchip

jimnms

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon 5-speed Tiptronic
Ok, thanks for the advice. I will get it changed as soon as I get home.