oil cap for ALH, where can I get one on a Sunday?? (in RI)

MATPOC

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5-speed
Had one of those days, up since 6am, put in full day of work on a Saturday, another few hours taking care of things before I take off, decided to add the oil before I drive 3 hours to Maine but couldn't find any so I ran to Walmart a 9pm, apparently I removed the oil cap and left it under the hood so it went bye-bye... Drove around, retraced my steps, can't find it and I don't think I can make a 3 hour drive with oil spraying out and towing a trailer.
I still would like to go tomorrow if I can find the cap, Advance has something they claim fits but looks different, no one else lists it locally... Any ideas?

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
take some good measurements of the orifice, and I'm sure any all-night auto parts store would have something that would work.
But I'd check down on your belly pan...your cap could be there. If it fell off your engine it would not fall to the road.
I mean, it would be much more likely to stay in the bay than fall to the road.

MATPOC

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5-speed
take some good measurements of the orifice, and I'm sure any all-night auto parts store would have something that would work.
But I'd check down on your belly pan...your cap could be there. If it fell off your engine it would not fall to the road.
I mean, it would be much more likely to stay in the bay than fall to the road.
I was crawling under, looking over, stuck a flashlight down, banged on the skid plate, nothing, looks like there is a clear path to freedom from drivers side if it bounced off transmission. It's dark and it probably rolled under a car. Looks like there is same exact one at O'Riely and they also claim it fits, so I'll take a drive to O'riley when they open 9am, it's pretty close, if I take it easy not much oil escapes. Gonna get some sleep and hope for the best