Official Spotted thread

j_martell

Veteran Member
TDI
Reflex Silver 2006 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon
I got my car back on the road, and I spotted an interesting one today:

On 403 West between Burlington and Hamilton during afternoon rush hour spotted a black Mk3 Jetta with exhaust exiting on the passenger side just ahead of the back tire. Red TDI badge in the front grille. Young person with gold aviator glasses driving. Anyone on here?

I had one on my second Heep....i mean jeep (1994 YJ 2.5L 5speed).....it was called a "daytona" i think. My buddy from high school had the same on a slighty tuned mazda b3000.....his sounded good. Mine was hollow cat and no muffler dump behind the pass. door.....loud as hell

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
i know it isn't a TDI or even a diesel, but I spotted a black Ferrari 458 Italia on Franklin in Cambridge on Saturday morning (we were doing the community clean-up) and then again yesterday afternoon coming back from the beerfest in Mississauga I see the same guy. I do have a picture on my phone when I caught up to him at the Townline Road traffic light.
Apparently it is difficult to do the speed limit in this car :-D

FreshOntarioBeetle

TDI
2002 New Beetle ALH 01M
Still waiting to see a fellow member up in the Georgian Bay area.. Wasaga Beach, Stayner, Collingwood, Blue Mountain and Barrie. I have aluminum club plate frames on my 2002 Reflex Silver NB and Toronto Maple Leaf plates.
always keeping my eyes peeled for members who have trekked up from the GTA:cool:

dmoonen

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta 1.9L TDI, 00 Jetta Alh and several others.
Yeah it lives on the roof, I found there's no wind noise compared to the OEM ski attachment I essentially live on the ski hill in the winter. I also haul gear and boxes for work so the extra space is a bonus.

No hitch on the Golf due too being lowered, the wagon does.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Spotted a white mk6 golf with GTD badge and chrome twin tips around 9pm on the 427 south Dundas off ramp... Very nice :thumbup:

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Spotted a VW LT 2.8 tdi imported from Europe on the QEW around 6 today, very cool car

Peytron

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Spotted the first club frame in a long time SB on 400 near Horseshoe Valley Rd around 530 today. MK4 with red DI badge. About time!

Jetmobile

TDI
2015 Jetta
I am in Sarnia currently and I keep seeing the same MK5 Jetta (white) driving around my neighbourhood in Bright's Grove along the lakeshore.

bmali98

Veteran Member
TDI
O4 golf pd auto
Spotted a current model burgundy Passat with a club plate frame today. Heading eastbound on the 401 thru Oshawa. I honked and pulled infront to display my upper half plate frame. Driver seemed more interested in following from a safe distance at the posted speed limit which I was having none of. Back up to 130 in the fast lane I go......

Last edited:

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Spotted a grey B7 A4 Audi Avant with TDI badge on back, heading East bound on 407, past 427 yesterday around 5:25 pm. Must be someone from here. Car looked great, passing by at about 130 I'm guessing.

drew80a

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 TDI
MK4 Jetta at No Frills in Acton. TDIclub plate frame. Pretty slick side exit dual exhaust cut into the rear valence.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
2 weeks ago a silver MK4 Golf heading eastbound on hwy 403, just past Hurontario around 5:30pm. TDIclub plate frame and canadian flag on antenna.

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
Silver mkv(?) with club plates

This morning, turning south on Winston Churchill from Eglington. I was behind you in the Treg, didn't reconize the plate thought.

tassolake

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI PD 5sp
Spotted on Hwy 60, on the Monday (10th of July) 2016 Black Jetta, I saw the mess that truck did to your car. Contact me if you need a witness?

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Spotted silver MK4 Jetta wagon, riding very low, heading north on 404 from Sheppard and got off on Steeles Ave. around 7:30pm last Wednesday. You completed a couple of nice smoke shows when passing.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Eastbound on Hwy 7 and Keele St. yesterday around 6:45 pm, a lowered MKIV Jetta Wagon with stretched tires , burgundy color. Looking sharp and clean. I was the silver Jetta beside you with the TT rims.