OFFICIAL Ontario "Whats it worth thread"

AtlsNBP

TDI
2002 Jetta
No CEL. Also valid Etest.

Considering 500-1500 isn't going to vastly impact my life in the long run, I'm just gonna keep it and have some fun with it.

What would be fair price for 2004 GLI Recaros?

Last edited:

GreekDiesel

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI [ALH]
Hello guys/gals,

Pondering with the idea of selling my car. Car is a 2000 Jetta TDI ALH 5-speed. Leather heated seats, leather is in near mint condition minus the driver's seat. The car has 462,000KMs. Fresh winter tires (90% tread) on steelies and also a set of OEM Longbeach alloy rims for the summer (rubber needs replacing on these). The front brake sensors were cut with the tires due to lowering the car without any experience = flashing brake light on the dash. The brakes should be changed. The timing belt was replaced approximately 10,000KMs ago. The car has a minor coolant leak from a mystery location; haven't really looked into it. Burns little to no oil, which you probably wouldn't believe. Front suspension, mainly the lower control arm bushings should be changed. The air-bag light is on but does reset with the VAGCOM, the code says it's "intermittent". No CEL, will pass e-test. Car still gets 850-950/full tank of diesel, very consistently. The car is tuned with Malone's "Eco-Tune" was done by Giles at Diesel Injection Performance. Body is in decent condition, the front bumper could use a re-spray, dents here and there with minor surface rust; overall I'd say 7-8/10 condition. GLI headlights with and OEM foglight switch with HID's installed in the fog lights. Ever since my ownership at 320,000KMs; I have every single maintenance record (parts, repairs, oil changes, timing belts etc.) that has ever touched this car along with mileage recordings. So, based on what you've heard... what's she worth? or worth more parting it out?

Any questions, just ask!

cbad

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
hey folks,

Looking at selling our 2009 Jetta TDI w/ Comfortline package.
Selling AS IS!
207,000 KM
Automatic transmission
New all seasons
Body is in great shape.
Needs work - Will need DMF and a few other bits - about $3,000 total

What are your thoughts on price?

rhskcdn

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon 2014 Reflex Silver
2014 sportwagen?

With the move from the GTA last year and a minivan to haul crap, we are considering selling our reflex silver 2014 golf sportwagen. Comfortline trim, no sunroof, 6spd manual, 60K kms, summer/winters. Currently dealer maintained to preserve the warranty (less hassle). Bone stock. With the recall and no listings on kijiji, I'm having a tough time figuring out what it is worth.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
hey folks,

Looking at selling our 2009 Jetta TDI w/ Comfortline package.
Selling AS IS!
207,000 KM
Automatic transmission
New all seasons
Body is in great shape.
Needs work - Will need DMF and a few other bits - about $3,000 total

What are your thoughts on price?
What blew up?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
West Hill, Ont. Nov.12th in Mexico till April 22nd
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Not a car for sale, just a comment

For what it's worth, the dealer gave me $ 500.00 as a trade for my 2002 Jetta TDI automatic with about 215,000km on the clock. The headliner was coming off behind the front seats. Did not try to fix the problem I had with no fresh air coming in and in addition by TDI member consensus the 2002 auto tranny was supposed to go at around 200,000km. Everything else was fine and I wouldn't hesitate to drive 5000km in the fall to Mexico and then back. But I thought it was time to treat myself to a nice car again.

I might have been able to sell it for a bit more, but all the aggravation wasn't worth it for me.

JettaTDlie

TDI
'02 Golf
Going to look at a 2006 Jetta Wagon GLS fully loaded, manual. 220,000km on the clock, receipt for timing belt at 200,000km. Camshaft was verified when TB was done. Body appears clean from pics. Winters & summers on rims. New brakes all around. Safetied, e-tested. What would you say its worth? I'd like to pay $5K but would go up to $6K. Seller asking $6,800.

I ask because one sold last week in the area, same specs minus leather interior. 180km on it, TB done, body was rustproofed annually. Dealer was asking $5,900... so I'll assume someone bought it for $5,500.

EDIT: I bought an 2002 Golf TDI.

Last edited:

FreshOntarioBeetle

TDI
2002 New Beetle ALH 01M
Hi Folks..
Pondering the idea of moving out of my 2002 Beetle... would like to know what its worth/ if anybody is interested.
Here are the details...
2002 New Beetle TDI
Reflex Silver metallic
106,000 original Km.
Timing belt etc done at Orillia VW at 64,000km. (I have the paperwork)
Oil changed every 16,000km with VW oil filter and Shell Rotella T6 synthetic. (I also have half of an 18L bucket that would go with the car.
Ends of the rockers behind the wheel well liners have been sprayed with rust check and are cleaned out regularily.
Auto
Leather
Sunroof.
Evolution Aluminum Skid Plate
Has summers on factory wheels and snows on steelies. Both 70% tread.
Kept quite well detailed for a daily driver. Interior vacuumed and wiped weekly and car has been waxed and is washed weekly or bi-weekly depending.
Weathertech mats
Comes with VW roof racks
I bought the car 2 years ago as of last week. I found it at Orillia VW with 31,000km on it. I am looking to upgrade and would like to see if anybody has any interest. I feel I may get more for it here (and it would go to a better home) than compared to a trade in.
I have flight benefits (I pay 5% of regular airfare) meaning I can drive a car to a location and fly back. This means I will deliver with fee depending on distance.
Any questions please ask! I would love to see what it's worth and if there is any interest.
Thank you all :) - Mike
Here are some pictures of the car, along with the original sales ad from June 2014.

Last edited:

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Hi Folks..
Pondering the idea of moving out of my 2002 Beetle... would like to know what its worth/ if anybody is interested.
Here are the details...
2002 New Beetle TDI
Reflex Silver metallic
106,000 original Km.
Timing belt etc done at Orillia VW at 64,000km. (I have the paperwork)
Oil changed every 16,000km with VW oil filter and Shell Rotella T6 synthetic. (I also have half of an 18L bucket that would go with the car.
Ends of the rockers behind the wheel well liners have been sprayed with rust check and are cleaned out regularily.
Auto
Leather
Sunroof.
Evolution Aluminum Skid Plate
Has summers on factory wheels and snows on steelies. Both 70% tread.
Kept quite well detailed for a daily driver. Interior vacuumed and wiped weekly and car has been waxed and is washed weekly or bi-weekly depending.
Weathertech mats
Comes with VW roof racks
I bought the car 2 years ago as of last week. I found it at Orillia VW with 31,000km on it. I am looking to upgrade and would like to see if anybody has any interest. I feel I may get more for it here (and it would go to a better home) than compared to a trade in.
I have flight benefits (I pay 5% of regular airfare) meaning I can drive a car to a location and fly back. This means I will deliver with fee depending on distance.
Any questions please ask! I would love to see what it's worth and if there is any interest.
Thank you all :) - Mike
Here are some pictures of the car, along with the original sales ad from June 2014.

Looks nice and clean. The auto is probably the only part that is discouraging. You could probably get $3-5k for it, IMO. GLWS.

JettaTDlie

TDI
'02 Golf
Going to look at a 2006 Jetta Wagon GLS fully loaded, manual. 220,000km on the clock, receipt for timing belt at 200,000km. Camshaft was verified when TB was done. Body appears clean from pics. Winters & summers on rims. New brakes all around. Safetied, e-tested. What would you say its worth? I'd like to pay $5K but would go up to $6K. Seller asking $6,800.

I ask because one sold last week in the area, same specs minus leather interior. 180km on it, TB done, body was rustproofed annually. Dealer was asking $5,900... so I'll assume someone bought it for $5,500.
Don't worry, it has a rebuilt strut tower and seller "didn't know if he had a sellers package", so I passed.

tacs

TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon
Guys,

I just got promoted and am getting a company car. I'm inclined to sell my 2004 Jetta Wagon TDI just to avoid paying insurance on two cars.

What do you think would be a reasonable asking price for:

2004 Jetta Wagon TDI 5 speed
355K kms

1.5 years on new Nexen tires
Missing two hubcaps
Comes with 3 winter tires
New paint job on hood, new roof, windshield, side panels and rear hatch (Aug '15)
New front spring coils (Mar '16)
Regular oil changes and such

Mechanic told me it'll need new brakes in the next 6-8 months.

T

Jlaasf

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
What's reasonable? I plan to part with my wagon at some point this winter/spring/summer.

2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
5 speed
347,500 kms and counting
Snows and summers (Santa Monica)
Timing belt done by David @ OttoStadt at 287,000 km
Malone stage 1
The body of a 14 year old car, but no significant rust/dings
Maintenance done in the past 1-2 years: 3 wheel bearings, resealed IP, front brakes, control arm bushings, alternator, starter, rear springs, MAF

I know a 5 speed ALH was worth it's weight in gold a few years ago, but seems the market has really dropped on them recently.

I don't have any pictures unfortunately.

Opinions?

Jlaasf

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
Still relatively low KM for a 14 year old car. I would pay $4000 for something like that.
Thanks Nigel. Just noticed your reply. I was thinking selling I could hopefully sell somewhere around the $4,000 mark.

I've listed the car at $4,700 with safety and e-test and both sets of wheels. I'd really like something a little above $4,000 out of it. I'll list it on here with a link to my ad too.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
Hi all,

I am now in the market for a Toyota Sienna. With a kid and a boat, I need more space. Plus, having to move my front seats every time I insert or remove the child seat is annoying the crap out of me. Now this whole dieselgate thing is making me wonder what to do with my car. Is there any market for it? Any ideas on a reasonable trade-in value? Not sure I want to park it until the buy-back. It is a 2012 Golf Wagen TDI Highline with Nav, and has around 90K km on it. Original owner, all records, etc etc. The only downsides are the tires - both all seasons and winters - are ending their tread life (4-5/10ths and 5-6/10th respectively). Plus I need to fix or replace the cracked front bumper. Runs perfectly, everything works, and I added rear mud flaps and an aluminum skid plate to it. All service done by VW.

Input appreciated,

Sophia

Edit: Forgot to add, it is one of the rare manual 6 speeds

Last edited:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Hi all,

I am now in the market for a Toyota Sienna. With a kid and a boat, I need more space. Plus, having to move my front seats every time I insert or remove the child seat is annoying the crap out of me. Now this whole dieselgate thing is making me wonder what to do with my car. Is there any market for it? Any ideas on a reasonable trade-in value? Not sure I want to park it until the buy-back. It is a 2012 Golf Wagen TDI Highline with Nav, and has around 90K km on it. Original owner, all records, etc etc. The only downsides are the tires - both all seasons and winters - are ending their tread life (4-5/10ths and 5-6/10th respectively). Plus I need to fix or replace the cracked front bumper. Runs perfectly, everything works, and I added rear mud flaps and an aluminum skid plate to it. All service done by VW.

Input appreciated,

Sophia
Are there any awesome front bumper repairs on this car?:D

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
Well your repair has now held up three years, but I somehow think it won't fly with a trade in ha ha! But wondering if a body shop can reinforce it, and repaint it or something

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
-03 Jetta TDI wagon
-Not much rust. Rockers are solid, needs front fenders.
-Auto trans starting to act up soon after I bought the car a few years ago. I changed fluid etc no help. I had planned to swap to manual, but seeing what it would be worth as is as I am no longer commuting as far.
-Cloth interior
-No CEL

Looking to see what's it worth if i sold as is, and/or worth after if i was to pay someone to swap it to manual (I have a manual donor car).

Thanks,
$800-$1200 as it sits

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Your car is 15 years old with a bad transmission. I know these cars are rare, but the steve6 was right on the money with his estimation. Even after the swap, it will not be worth more than around $2500-$3000 and the swap will cost you at least $1500, meaning you will still only get about $1000-$1500 out of it after all that work.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI, 2009 Jetta TDI, 2010 Touareg TDI
Your car is 15 years old with a bad transmission. I know these cars are rare, but the steve6 was right on the money with his estimation. Even after the swap, it will not be worth more than around $2500-$3000 and the swap will cost you at least $1500, meaning you will still only get about $1000-$1500 out of it after all that work.

So in the long run...if you enjoy the mk4 wagon...swap it and drive it. If you have plans to get something newer and won't want to keep up with the repairs, sell it as it is.

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Has anyone been looking at the 2015 TDIs that have landed on dealer lots recently? Do they seem way overpriced? I mean I know they will ask whatever they think people would pay, but I saw two low KM Highline Wagons that have been on the dealer's lot for many weeks. Probably because they asking $37000 each for them.

Anyone bought one these new round of TDIs? How much did you talk them down?

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
Has anyone been looking at the 2015 TDIs that have landed on dealer lots recently? Do they seem way overpriced? I mean I know they will ask whatever they think people would pay, but I saw two low KM Highline Wagons that have been on the dealer's lot for many weeks. Probably because they asking $37000 each for them.

Anyone bought one these new round of TDIs? How much did you talk them down?
The big unknown and hence the question that needs asking and answering is how much the extended warranty for eleven years is worth. To me, I placed the value of it in excess of 5k. But then, I fully plan on keeping the 15 TDI SEL for AT LEAST eleven years.

KiwiCanuck

TDI
Oops.. driving a gasser
Looking to sell my 05 MkIV Jetta, BEW, as I've purchased another common-rail-diesel (Jeep Liberty).

The good:
8 mounted tires (Hankook snows, Pirelli all-seasons), all less than two years old
3 keys, one working fob, one key is "valet" key
front struts/springs from 2016
Rear shocks/springs from 2015
Rear brakes new spring 2017
Power windows all work
All lights work, A/C works, factory stereo, no reportable collisions
Front fenders replaced under rust warranty 2014, trunk lid replaced 2014 out of pocket.

The not-so-good:
Right side took a light rubbing from the back end of a honda civic that was backing out as I drove past in the parking lot - I didn't get it repaired.
Right rear door locks only manually - this is from before the minor collision.
Just passed 350,000km on a trip from Cambridge to Manitoba and back - at 5 L/100 km (ok, that's not so bad), and it's running like a top.
Muffler will need to be replaced within 18 months (possibly)
Front brakes are getting to the "need rotors and pads" stage
Some rust is invading the doors and it's out of rust warranty
50,000 to the timing belt change. (Last done at about 245,000 by a previous owner)

What should I expect on, say, Kijiji?

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
The big unknown and hence the question that needs asking and answering is how much the extended warranty for eleven years is worth. To me, I placed the value of it in excess of 5k. But then, I fully plan on keeping the 15 TDI SEL for AT LEAST eleven years.
$5K USD is a lot of money for something that you will probably never fully use. I think it's better to put that money in a bank and if needed, draw from it. There is a good chance you will have lots of $$ left over at the end. Also, what happens if the car is written off in an accident? Does the warranty goes with it?

NieBoy

TDI
05' Jetta wagon TDI
2005 wagon ( cracked oil pan :( )

Hi,

Looking for a value to argue with my insurance company:, No skid plate hit man hole cover and drained all my oil... engine seized within probably 5 or 6 seconds after light came on.

340 k ( only about 100 on new engine replaced by dealer bc of tech breaking ceramic glowplug tip in engine and cranking)

everything else runs great, minor interior trim defects , interior drivers door needs replacing, driver seat leather is worn our at one seam.

rear hatch needs replacing (rusted out around corner of window), superficial wheel rim rust.

Thats pretty much it, no MODS, just various age related rusting and trim issues that is relatively easy to fix.

I was looking forward to many more years with this baby as my spare car but unfortunately I didn't get a skid plate and thinking the insurance will offer a buy out, I am curious what its worth. Also any thoughts on cost of a BEW engine to replace the dead on would be appreciated ( I have a guy who might put it in for 400)

Thanks for any opinions