Official Ontario stuff for sale thread

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
In order to keep within the forum rules, no single posts for items for sale are allowed outside the Classifieds section. However, like the Quebec section, we can have a FS thread. So:

1) ALL Ontario based for sale posts must be posted in this thread. Please don't start your own.
2) Please don't clutter the thread up with unnecessary comments (PM the seller if you have questions).
3) When responding to a post, please quote the original post so everyone knows which item you are referring to.

I know its not ideal, but better than nothing. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Thread clean up of anything older than a couple months, or has a dead link.

If I deleted an ad and the items are still for sale, please feel free to repost.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Nuje

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2003; 2016 A3 e-tron
Any chance there's a Canadian looking to get rid of a hitch receiver for Mk4 Golf?

Nuje

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2003; 2016 A3 e-tron
$400 will get you a set of alloy rims (Avus style) with Solus tires (plenty of tread)....along with the rest of a 2002 Jetta VR6.
Of course, it's all the way out here on Vancouver Island, so shipping might be a bear. :p

benchote13

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000
FS: MK4 Front Brake Calipers, Steering Knuckles, Bentley Manual

MK4 Volkswagen OEM front break calipers, will fit TDI and 2.0L (or any other MK4 if you install with the below knuckles). Removed from car early on as I upgraded to big break kit, and stored indoors. Worked perfectly when removed, no rust or issues, no tears in piston boot, just need a cleaning. Comes with caliper pins.

MK4 VW OEM front steering knuckles and hub removed at the same time as calipers, low mileage, good shape, no rust, bends or issues.

Bentley Service Manual for MK4 VW Jetta, Golf, GTI, good condition.

Will take best reasonable offer on everything.

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
Last edited:

OhCdn

TDI
2002 Golf MK4
Vnt17

IT IS CURRENTLY IN MY CAR!!
im just seeing if anyone would be interested in buying a vnt 17 pick up or shipped, it is only a couple months old and nothing wrong. i just want to go with something bigger (this is the perfect daily driver reliable power turbo you can get) but i am looking to buy another tdi as my daily because building this thing has been too much fun and i need more time to work on it then weekends. IF INTERESTED PM.

mikemcc

TDI
06 Jetta Wagon TDi GLS
2003 Jetta Wagon 5 spd, for parts; body rusty; some parts already removed; let me know what you need. Car is located just outside of Ottawa
hatch is in decent shape but no glass
Thanks
Mike

burn_your_money

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle, 96 B4V, 05 Passat wagon
Edit: Found transmission

Looking for a mk4 tdi manual transmission, the closer to Kitchener the better. Or North Bay.
Also interested in diesel cats.

Last edited:

Chief16

TDI
01 Golf
IT IS CURRENTLY IN MY CAR!!
im just seeing if anyone would be interested in buying a vnt 17 pick up or shipped, it is only a couple months old and nothing wrong. i just want to go with something bigger (this is the perfect daily driver reliable power turbo you can get) but i am looking to buy another tdi as my daily because building this thing has been too much fun and i need more time to work on it then weekends. IF INTERESTED PM.

PM’d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M_Snider

TDI
2000 Beetle 1.9 ALH
AWD ALH VNT17 215hp New Beetle for sale: CAMBRIDGE

2000 New Beetle TDI, 215hp, AWD, 6spd manual, ~186000km.
Current asking price is $10995 CAD
Hi everyone,
I've finally made the decision to sell my 2000 New Beetle TDI. This is a very special car: I bought it when I was engaged as my last chance at a project car, and as a University of Waterloo Mechanical Engineering student it gave me a great outlet for my creativity and automotive passion for two years.
Story:
The car came to my life as a 90hp automatic with 160000km on it. I proceeded to do a standard 5 speed manual swap while upgrading the clutch, injectors, turbo and tune to transform this into a MK6 GTI-challenging machine capable of 1000km on a tank. The reverse shaft promptly began to crumble after less than 1 year (my fault, the transmission I put in had 550000km on it already. I was a broke student at the time so I had to take what I could get).
An Audi TT was for sale at a local VW parts place, so I managed to swing a deal and purchase the entire back half of the car including the AWD system. Instead of just replacing my bad transmission, I set to work replacing the entire drivetrain! I picked up a much newer and stronger 02Q TDI transmission with 110000km on it for better gear ratios, modified the case and swapped the front diff for the AWD one, and bolted it all up. I did the rear floor pan swap from the TT, repainted the rear end after sealing all of the welds, then bolted everything up and voila! A simple circuit to power up the haldex pump and I was enjoying an AWD, 215hp diesel Beetle all spring!
I honestly hate to see this car go, and not just because I'm taking a big loss on parts and an even bigger loss on the two hundred hours I've put into this thing - The reason I made the decision to sell is because I've got a baby on the way, and this car, while it will be mechanically sound when selling, will take much more time to maintain than a newer car and I can't have cars taking too much time from the baby.
Work that will have just been done upon selling the car (working on it at the moment)
- New pads (rotors are at ~10000km)
- New head gasket (OEM)
- New timing belt and water pump kit (metal impeller, continental belt)
- New valve stem seals
- ARP head studs (the OEM studs allowing a coolant leak is why I needed to do the head gasket)
- De-tune to roughly 200hp 300tq at the crank to get rid of the diesel smoke and be easier on the engine and the clutch
- New(er) upsized tires. Car is running 225/50 R17 Michelins with roughly 15000km on them
- New key fob
- Touched up paint (there are now no visible rust spots on the vehicle's exterior - undercarriage is quite clean for a 20 year old vehicle)
Features/Mods:
- Genuine Garrett VNT17 turbo
- Custom turbo back exhaust (2.5" from cat back) with stock catalytic converter, brand new Borla muffler
- Race 520 injectors
- 11mm injection pump
- FX Stage 2 clutch, new OEM throwout bearing (now takes Audi TT parts)
- 02Q 2011 Jetta TDI transmission with 110,000km and new trans fluid
- AWD system including driveshafts, bevel box, and haldex (fluid change done 2000km ago) from a 2003 Audi TT
- Drilled rotors to match up with Audi TT calipers
- 17" GTI Wheels - some peeling around the lugs of the clear coat
- Power locks/windows (all working)
- Heated leather seats
- Audi TT 62.5L fuel tank and lift pump (car gets 5.5L/100km average - a typical tank will be just under 1000km)
- OEM VW roof racks
- No Check Engine Lights!
Problems:
- The speed sensor is arduino-based since the 02Q transmission does not have a proper speed sensor. Not actually a problem, just an awareness item. It will be GPS-calibrated and I can include the sketch file so that you can calibrate for different tire sizes (i.e. if you wanted to lift it and put big 30" tires on) if you want.
- The clutch is rated for 330ft-lb but the car was technically running about 350 ft-lb for maybe 500km on that clutch. It will be de-tuned soon anyway, so I don't think any harm is done here.
- The A/C just stopped working. It has a low-mileage used compressor and a brand new OEM pulley/fan clutch/solenoid on it, and the fan control module has caused problems not activating the AC before so I suspect that's where the problem is.
Link to pictures (will be adding to this over the next couple of weeks - The pictures in here now are currently not great.)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WWOYjuQxkAcuKaKp1DC71g5GKsMeY6XU?usp=sharing

e0fw3l54

TDI
2010 VW Jetta Highline
RIMs and Tires for sale $800 for all 4
5x112mm
225/45/r17 - 2 tires are newish the other two have treadwear

Vpeacockbowen

TDI
Full set of cloth mk 5 seats in excellent condition with heated seat capability asking 350$
Apologies tried to link photos but kept getting errors if interested i can dm them

blizzak

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport Edition, Grey with 270,000 KM. 1997 Jetta TDI, 340,000 KM driven by my dad
MK4 Jetta glass headlight lenses - some of you might remember my thread from back in the day, sorry for the delay on anyone who may have PM'd me and not got a reply...

Still have 5 sets, still selling for $100 a set. The ones on my car still look great (definitely one of the better looking things on the car), been on for 9 years. I used a thick protective film which has really worked well at preventing stone chips, sandblasting, etc.

I'm in Kitchener/Waterloo near Grand River Hospital. Text is better (fifty one niner, four zero four, thirty five fourteen), or you can PM here which might take a bit more time to reply to.