Official list of HPFP Failures

Weeman

TDI
2006 Jetta brm dsg
2006 tdi brm dsg transmission

Car starts fine goes in revers no problem but soon as put in drive car quits. Anyone have anything to tell me to look for? I installed new crank sensor didn’t help any I’m getting no codes on Ross tech

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Car starts fine goes in revers no problem but soon as put in drive car quits. Anyone have anything to tell me to look for? I installed new crank sensor didn’t help any I’m getting no codes on Ross tech
Start a post in the proper car area, this is for CR fuel pump failures.

MaroonB4

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with three pedals
Year: 2011
Build Date: 07/2010
Make/Model: JSW
Tranny: 6M
Mileage: 131026
Diesel Fuel Source: WalMart
Additives: no
Problem: HPFP failure. Metal shavings under n290 valve and rust located in fuel filter
Dealer: Garlyn Shelton VW Temple, TX

Failure was sudden. Crusing along and got the dreaded flashing glow plug light, warning message, and extreme loss of power. Coasted to a stop and towed it to the dealer. Absolutely no funny business or bad fuel denials from them. Dropped off 10 Sep and it was completed on the 15th. Service writer informed me this was the 5th or 6th HPFP failure he has seen. From the technician notes "performed bulletin 23-17-06 replaced full fuel system and cleaned fuel tank added new fuel and programmed injector flow rates"

Very satisfied with the result!!

Chertz

TDI
Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Year: 2011
Build Date: 11/2010
Make/Model: Audi Q7
Tranny: 8 speed
Mileage: 87,500
Diesel Fuel Source: Casey's \ Shell
Additives: Power Service White in winter
Problem: HPFP failure.
Dealer: Audi of Orland Park, Orland Park, IL

Same failure mode as previous post... Failure was sudden. Crusing along and got the dreaded flashing glow plug light, warning message, and extreme loss of power. Coasted to a stop and towed it to the dealer. Did not attempt to restart. Dealer claimed he has heard of this failure but never actually seen one. Took 5 days to get approval to repair it. Dealer covering 100%, and providing a brand new Audi loaner. Estimates 2 or 3 weeks to complete.

Red64

TDI
2005 New Beetle, 2014 Sportwagen
Year: 2014
Build Date: Not sure
Make/Model: JSW
Tranny: 6DSG
Mileage: 44,000
Diesel Fuel Source: Unknown, new owner.
Problem: HPFP failure. Loss of fuel pressure no metal shavings in the system.

Failure was very quick no warning, car would run normally when cool but as soon as the fuel got warm the pump could not generate more than 900 Bar. Checked all the filters and mesh strainers, and had the ejectors checked and cleaned, found no metal.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Did you know that the hpfp is covered under the emmisions extended warranty? Might want to see is VWOA will reimburse you.