Official Impexfest Picture Thread

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD

We had at least 20 people at Bertucci's in one long table. They were great in accomodating our big group! Many hadn't eaten at a Bertucci's before!

Last edited:

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
whitedog said:
Some good pictures of what went on, then the final picture:

It is a well taken photo. I like it best. :p
I would love to know how many #10, 16, and 17mm sockets you could count between all of us put together yesterday ;)...haha...I think there was more wrenching going on yesterday by far than at either of the other 2 ImpexFests I have had the priviledge to attend. For awhile in the mid to late morning it seemed like all you could see were cars with thier hoods up or up on jack stands for as far as the eye could see :D

Thanks goes out to Lito who once again orginized a GREAT gtg. (I believe he said the count was 88 cars) John and all of the crew from Impex for providing ample space, great pricing, and extrodinary patience and flexability for those of us doing all of the work on our cars (some into the evening :eek:). Kudos and many thanks from ALL of the TDI community to Peter, Jeff, Bruce, Oliver, Glen, and Keith (I know I am missing others so don't shoot me, Tomo, PeterV, Chris, and others who...though not actively wrenching were available as walking TDI knowledge bases for those who had questions) for doing what they love to do....help people get the most out of their cars and spread thier knowledge and experience to anyone who is willing to ask, listen, and help. Without the wealth of knowledge that they, and the rest of the community, willingly share, I am sure I would have never bought a TDI in the 1st place....and now I own 2 :p.

Hope everyone has/had a safe trip home and is recovering from a long day of work, fun, and sunburns :( (you would think that I would learn by now)
and..I hope everyone has made thier plans and hotel reservations for May 5th 2007...ImpexFest6...Cinco de Mayo meets Seis de Impex!

Last edited:

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Hamster pics

The ramp's first launch...

Camp Rocketchip...

No one ever said what kind of pop tester....

Late afternoon brake job...

Late afternoon chill...

Not around for much longer...

Two cool cars....

Nice wheels, Tomo...

Happy reunion...

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
BoosTDIt said:
nice....now did anyone catch a pic of my car...all i could find is me and Mary under her car..:)
NOW what were you two doing under her car and does her hubby know:eek:

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline

What wheels are those? Are they 5x100 and would fit an '03 Golf (newbie hasn't taken Wheels and Offsets 101 yet.)

Shaggy28

TDI
2003 Golf GL 4D (Silver)
Some great pics everyone! That was my little hodge podge of tools on the blue towel and the 1/2" is actually in there because my other car is a '96 Cherokee that needs some occasional wrench-love and affection too. It just happened to be on the ratchet.

I had a great time working on my car and talking with others. Big thanks once again to Dominic for the hands on assitance during my intake cleaning and also to Bruce and Mikey for the use of various tools and of course, wisdom. When I got home I performed a ventectomy and replaced the MAF... I just couldn't stop tinkering. She's running better than new and I found "my fast" once again.