TDI
Sold back - 2014 TDI SEL
Bummer, they wanted all pages of the offer

11/08 - documents uploaded
11/20 - VW> documents acknowledged complete, determining eligibility
12/05 - VW> offer letter ready, downloaded
12/06 - uploaded two signed forms
12/06 - VW> signed offer letter and release to be reviewed

Looks like things are moving along at a good clip. I scanned the offer letter and release at 600 dpi to be sure they could read the Notary details.

Just heard from our Ford salesman that the Fusion Hybrid we ordered will be delivered between Christmas and New Year. Might have money in hand from buyback when we buy the Fusion :).
12/07 - VW> documents incomplete - I didn't scan every page, just the signature pages :rolleyes:
12/07 - uploaded all seven pages

shovelhd

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
Finally received my offer. Notarized, scanned, and uploaded in two hours.

Initiated claim - 9/19
Document (D/L) illegible and never notified
Called VW Claim Line - 10/26
Uploaded corrected docs - 10/26
Docs accepted - 11/8
Offer received - 12/8

VW Credit
Offer was exactly the same as the github calculator
Chose EFT

galoot

TDI
'13 Passat TDI
did mine as well today, but only sent the signed pages....oh well, I'll probably get rejected. It isn't clearly stated they want them all. Only says the signed ones. We'll see...

jsplinter

TDI
Jetta
has anyone been offer letters in the afternoon, evening? I didn't know if they just come in the morning or if I should continue to watch my email all day. I just spoke with customer service and they said I have made it through the auditor and am just waiting on my letter to be sent out

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
has anyone been offer letters in the afternoon, evening? I didn't know if they just come in the morning or if I should continue to watch my email all day. I just spoke with customer service and they said I have made it through the auditor and am just waiting on my letter to be sent out
I got mine in the afternoon.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
I set up my phone so that the email address for the vwgoa portal was a "priority sender". I then configured a different sound to be played. Sure enough - it went off at 8AM as I was on my way to the office.

But the point was that with this there was no need to keep checking email over and over again.

BlueGruff

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW DSG; 2017 Jetta 1.8T Sedan
did mine as well today, but only sent the signed pages....oh well, I'll probably get rejected. It isn't clearly stated they want them all. Only says the signed ones. We'll see...
The offer letter clearly stated in bold letters: You must send both this letter and the enclosed notarized release before your acceptance is considered complete.

It just so happens that said letter is 7 pages long.

galoot

TDI
'13 Passat TDI
The offer letter clearly stated in bold letters: You must send both this letter and the enclosed notarized release before your acceptance is considered complete.

It just so happens that said letter is 7 pages long.
well there you have it. guess i read it too quickly. i'll just have to wait. haha

D3R3K

TDI
2010 Jetta, 2011 Jetta, 2011 JSW, 2012 Jetta, 2012 Golf 4 dr
I got an offer this morning. 2012 Golf Purchased 7-1-16. Over 100% restitution some how also.

Cseress

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I am still waiting for an offer letter. On Nov 15, I received the email stating that they had all my documents and were waiting to see if I was eligible (which I still find ironical since I had registered in the portal in July and my VIN checked out as eligible). I spoke with a rep on the claims line today and he said that that was a long time to wait, but equally, they have been inundated by numerous call in claims by people who had not used the portal. I am fretting because I went back through the settlement docs and it seems at this point, there is no deadline for them to get back to me ... your thoughts / experiences?

TdiSandiego

TDI
2009 sportwagen, 2012 jetta tdi
I have been waiting to determine eligibility since 10/14. All docs in and havent heard anything since. Told a buddy of mine what he needed to do and he did his docs on the portal 2 weeks after me and he got an email 2 weeks ago and has a buyback appt next week. Explain that one to me. We are even returning to the same dealer. So obviously there is no rhyme or reason to how they are doing them in regards to when you completed the docs.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
I have been waiting to determine eligibility since 10/14. All docs in and havent heard anything since. Told a buddy of mine what he needed to do and he did his docs on the portal 2 weeks after me and he got an email 2 weeks ago and has a buyback appt next week. Explain that one to me. We are even returning to the same dealer. So obviously there is no rhyme or reason to how they are doing them in regards to when you completed the docs.
Any difference in ownership / finance status between the two of you? Both original owners since new?

TomStork

TDI
Jetta SportWagen
Finally!

Got my offer email this afternoon -- been waiting since I got my "documents complete" message on 1 November (and that took three weeks after uploading). Note that the offer was very close to the original published buyback sheets -- but a bit lower than the online calculator. :-\

Notarized, scanned, and returned this afternoon. Lord knows how long it will take now -- or how soon I can get an appt (in Washington, DC area). Anyone been at this step recently who can report?

BlueGruff

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW DSG; 2017 Jetta 1.8T Sedan
Mine took 2 days after uploading notarized docs. I've read in another thread from people who'll similarly agree the VW is getting faster in sending out the email to make appointment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rmanrulz

TDI
2012 Jetta
[/Still no offer, Docs accepted 10/31. Vw financing. This is getting oldQUOTE]
I understand your pain. Docs accepted 10/27 privately financed. If the payoff is the problem most finance companies offer online access, and mine personally shows a 10 and 20 day payoff maybe they should accept a printed version of this. Just sayin

6DOF

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Jetta 6MT Premium, 2012 TDI Jetta DSG Premium
Hostage

Documents for both TDI's were officially accepted on Nov 4 and we are still waiting. Called the claims hotline and dude said that we should get offers this week. Tired of waiting. We have a Tahoe picked out to replace one of the TDI's and it seems to me like we are being held hostage here waiting. Gave the dealer a benjamin to hold the Tahoe for us.

Roishe Cheng

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Received offer letter today (Sunday 12/11) at 9:17 AM ET.

Paperwork was submitted on 10/27 and accepted on 11/3.

So about 27 business days.

Heading to the bank at 1 pm to get it notarized and sealed/stamped.

Really glad, I picked up my 2017 Q50 3.0T when the incentives hit a few weeks ago, I knew if I had waited, I would have missed those discounts on the leases.

For the early November acceptance folks, your offer should be right around the corner.

Best of luck to everyone in their "waiting game."

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I received my offer this morning as well! Documents accepted 11/07, privately financed. Will do the notary routine tomorrow!

My CPO allroad is nearly ready for pickup. Can't wait!

LimonPani

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDi SE DSG
Got my offer letter today as well. Approximately 25-30 days from submittin them. Signed and got them notarized, uploaded a single file pdf with all pages through portal and awaiting next step.

pcskier

TDI
2014 JSW 6sp, no sunroof
Got my offer letter for the "fix" today. Need a new letter with the buyback amount.

Back in the summer when registering on the VW portal, I haphazardly selected the 'fix plus cash' option as my preference. Though obviously I did not know whether I'd prefer the buyback or the fix--depending on the numbers.

What I've found interesting is that once I did that, I wasn't able to log in and try to change it to see what the buyback number would be.

Anyway, my letter came today via email put my fix plus cash at $7271.63. It also mentions the buyback offer is still on the table...but did not include what that number would be. I would have to check the box to 'change' my choice to the buyback, send the letter back, and wait for a new letter with the buyback option.

Seems REALLY dumb to me for them to do it this way, unless I'm missing something here. Wouldn't it make more sense to send an offer letter with BOTH options clearly laid out with the amounts...and then a place to choose which one I wanted?

The reality is, I know what my buyout number is, thanks to a great online calculator on this forum...which seems to be accurate, as it shows my cash with fix to be $7,272. So I'm thinking the buyback amount from the calculator of $28,697 is right as well. I sent back the letter changing to the buyback option, so I'll see what VW comes back with.

Anyway--I'm still not sure what I'll do. I'm in no hurry. I love the car, the performance, and the economy. I'll wait for the possible fix, if any, and see what the performance drop is...both as reported by vw as per the decree, and of course I'm sure the magazines will do some before/after tests on affected vehicles. Keeping such a great car, plus $7,300, without terribly diminished performance, might be tempting if that's the case.

On the other hand. I can drive it at the the same rate I do know, and in Sept 2018, the buyback will be $29,207. The STICKER on mine was $27,655.00. I paid $25,833 bottom line, plus tax of only $691 (since I traded a car in with a $19,000 credit for it). So my TOTAL NUT was $26,524.

I can drive it two more years, then receive $29,207, for a car that I drove for 4 years, and paid $26,524 for. That will be tempting to turn down, fix or no fix. I'll have had a free car for four years, and $2,683 thrown in on top towards fuel. Crazy.