Offer Letter Just Received

Itzed

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
All my documents have been uploaded and accepted for many weeks, feels like about two months. And it's still being reviewed to determine my "eligibility". I'm getting a little impatient and ticked about this now.

Philpug

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone but not forgotten
Mine jsut came, but shows that I am keeping the car nd taking the $5,100. D'oh. Looks like I have to check some boxes and resubmit.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Mine jsut came, but shows that I am keeping the car nd taking the $5,100.
You aren't taking anything until you either have the car fixed (which you can't do yet, as no fix has been approved yet) or sell it back.

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Reflex Silver JSW TDI - 17" Anthracite Goals and 2014 Reflex Silver Golf TDI
All my documents have been uploaded and accepted for many weeks, feels like about two months. And it's still being reviewed to determine my "eligibility". I'm getting a little impatient and ticked about this now.
I feel the same way with my golf. I called on Sat and they said it looked like everything was accepted, but they have until Tuesday to notify me.... After that they have another 10 days to get me an offer. Not sure why its dragging so much since my JSW is scheduled already!

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
I feel the same way with my golf. I called on Sat and they said it looked like everything was accepted, but they have until Tuesday to notify me.... After that they have another 10 days to get me an offer. Not sure why its dragging so much since my JSW is scheduled already!
You don't have an offer but your 'JSW is already scheduled'. ???? How could it be scheduled without an offer?

scottb8888

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
I have a great app on my iPhone called TurboScan. I can scan each page and send it to myself as a single pdf.

I use it for many things. When I get a receipt I need to keep, I scan it and throw it away. It's in my email ready to be filed!

'12TDIJetta

TDI
2012 TDI Jetta
Letter comes via email with instructions to log onto the claims portal and print it out.
How many business days did it take from the "We are now determining your eligibility" email to your email with instructions?

They are supposed to do this within 10 business days. I'm on day 17 now..

Last edited:

Rmanrulz

TDI
2012 Jetta
I called the claim number and the csr says they have 20 buisiness days. He also stated they where catching up and are about 5 days ahead of the 20. My docs have been waiting for final approval since 10/27.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
I called the claim number and the csr says they have 20 buisiness days. He also stated they where catching up and are about 5 days ahead of the 20. My docs have been waiting for final approval since 10/27.
I have been watching the spreadsheet (my own docs have been waiting since 11/01). I noticed that late last week they were processing docs from about 10/27-11/02, but not all are complete yet (they haven't even started the November docs yet).

There seem to be a lot of hidden parking lots where the claims go to gather dust, and VW is not at all transparent about why this is the case. They may believe they are caught up, and I suppose in their own department that might be the case.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
I have been watching the spreadsheet (my own docs have been waiting since 11/01). I noticed that late last week they were processing docs from about 10/27-11/02, but not all are complete yet (they haven't even started the November docs yet).
So my offer letter arrived this morning at 8:00AM. Just as I was getting on the toll road (I had a special notification sound on my phone that is only used when an email from vwgoa comes in).

I am a little surprised that it came this early in the morning - perhaps some of the logjam is broken, and hopefully lots of other people will get their letters today as well.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
So my offer letter arrived this morning at 8:00AM. Just as I was getting on the toll road (I had a special notification sound on my phone that is only used when an email from vwgoa comes in).

I am a little surprised that it came this early in the morning - perhaps some of the logjam is broken, and hopefully lots of other people will get their letters today as well.
Glad to see you received yours ericy. I can't believe that not 1 of my 3 that where submitted on the 19th of Sept have even been approved yet. So frustrated

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Another roadblock. I get an HTTP 403 error when I try and upload the notarized offer letter - they say to call into the claims line.

But I am stuck in a boring meeting right now, so I can't do that right this second..:(

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Another roadblock. I get an HTTP 403 error when I try and upload the notarized offer letter - they say to call into the claims line.
Using a different browser fixed the problem. The woman on the phone suggested that clearing the browser cookies would probably also have worked.

The wait times aren't that bad any more - I think maybe 10 minutes or so.

I even got the ack email from VW.

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
Glad to see you received yours ericy. I can't believe that not 1 of my 3 that where submitted on the 19th of Sept have even been approved yet. So frustrated
Wow that's BS. You still have the blue eyeball on all of them?

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Wow that's BS. You still have the blue eyeball on all of them?
Yeah. I am trying my best to be patient but VW customer care ( care is very questionable) have not shown any desire to help or be transparent. I have just filed a complaint with the FTC and with class council, to make sure they know how poorly this is being handled.

Itzed

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Well this is great. I called the number to check on my claim status, which hasn't changed in 6 weeks, and still says that they are reviewing my documents, and I got a recording saying that they couldn't help me now and call back later.

Itzed

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Now I'm really getting pissed. Called the number again this morning and got through to some idiot woman who couldn't have been less helpful. Gave her all my information (which she screwed up and repeated back to me incorrectly every part of at least twice), only for her to tell me the system is down and she can't access my account or help me. Supposedly someone will call me within 24 hours. She couldn't even get the reason why I called correct, and after I finally got through to her about it, she told me that I must have done something wrong. I have no confidence in this process at this point.

Itzed

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Update: As expected, no call back today. So I called again. This time got someone who actually cared and also had information. Said that my documents were indeed uploaded on September 25, and that the 20 working day period for review started November 1, and I should be hearing something by the end of the month. Made me feel a little better.

SOCALGAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan & 2013 Jetta Wagon
Received the final docs on Tues, Nov 15. Had them signed and notorized Wed, Nov 16th and emailed PDF back at 4 PM had appointment schedule email at 7:30PM. First available appointment in Charlotte, NC was Dec 13th. Our dealership has Tuesday's and Thursday's offered. One down, one to go.

craftyjulie

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Was the offer letter on a car with or without a loan? I've had my docs approved since 10/21, but have VW credit financing on the car. Tomorrow will be 20 business days, so based on people's comments above it appears that I may receive my letter soon, however the data from the Google doc seems to suggest I'll be waiting longer since my car is financed.:confused:

ar2013tdi

TDI
2014 Sportwagen DSG
I received my offer letter today. Today is the 10th business day since my documents were submitted and deemed complete. The offer agreed with the online calculator. I will be having the letter notarized and uploaded tomorrow. The car is paid off.

senez

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat DSG
So just doing rough extrapolation. If you've not gotten approved and thus, no offer, you shouldn't plan on selling back your car until early spring. Folks are already scheduling turn-ins in mid-December. This process is being handled in a ridiculously slow fashion.

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
Is it me or are jettas moving quicker than Passats in getting there offers
Maybe ones without a loan.
I have a loan that I still owe on for my car. My Jetta documents are still sitting there in the claims portal with only a "Oh yeah, thanks for the docs. Looks like they're all there. You'll hear from us. Sometime. Maybe."

-T.

faultymechanics

Veteran Member
TDI
1992 Jetta Ecodiesel, 2015 Jetta TDI SEL
So interesting scenario for me. My documents were approved well over 10 days ago and still no offer letter. I am financed through VW though (Maybe that causes a delay?)

Besides this taking much longer than the 10 days promised my gf's dad submitted his documents a week after mine...was approved after my documents and he received his offer email days ago (He bought his passat outright though).....WTH gives...any insight?

I haven't called support yet....

MNVWMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI S Manual
So, is VW not giving offer letters to people who have financed with VW Credit, so they will be the last to schedule appointments and thus have to pay more in finance charges on their loans???

gsmith2424

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Value Edition DSG
So, is VW not giving offer letters to people who have financed with VW Credit, so they will be the last to schedule appointments and thus have to pay more in finance charges on their loans???
It's starting to look like that as of this morning 96.3% of the offer letters sent out (based on the spreadsheet data available) had no loans. Only 2 letters have gone out to people who went through VW Credit.

newbeetleman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
VW is "using" the 20 day period to really drag their feet. My documents, like I have mentioned before, were accepted with email on 10/21... and it hasn't changed.

This means, either they were actually accepted and approved, like the website says and VW is dragging this out, or they lied and my documents are still getting approved.

I called and two different times the rep said my documents are approved and I should be getting the offer letter very soon.

I bet money I don't hear anything until all 20 days are up, which would be at the end of the month.

Last edited: