Off to the Fest :)

eluwak

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp Pkg 2 Black/Anthracite
Well... in a few short hours I'll be on my way /images/graemlins/cool.gif

To all attending... Have a safe journey and see you there /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Hey everybody, try to log on this thread just before you leave.

WOOHOO!!!!!! I've been waiting for this for a year!
It's 5:15am IL time and I'm leaving NOW!

For all you TDIers that can't get away, I'll have a beer for you, or two, or three... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brian, 97 Passat TDI

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
well i'll see ya there!!! nice only being 267.5 miles away according to Yahoo maps /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif won't take more than an afternoon to get there!!!

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
For those arriving early and wanna get the "Fest-ivities" started early, gimme a call. I'm off work for the whole weekend after this afternoon!

People with U.S. cell phones, up here in this part of Canook land, you need to dial "1" first on long-distance calls before the 11-digit phone number.

Also, we have a weird system here in the GTA that is served by no less than three different area codes. It's not easy to figure out when a call is long-distance or when it's not. In the case where it's not, if you dial the call as long distance you will be politely told as such.

My number is 519-796-1717

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
Everyone better have a beer for me. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Be sure to take lots of pics, and keep us unfortunates updated as the fest rolls on!!!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Been on my way for the past 2 weeks... Cheated and took a plane to Toronto and then kept driving east until I reached Quebec City. Anyways, I'm back on the right track towards the Fest now and back in Toronto. See you guys tomorrow.

Fred

fincoop

Veteran Member
Most of the cell providers here accept 11-digit locally, for added convenience, but you may not realize you're dialing long distance. If you dial 10-digits, the call will not route to long distance without a voice notification.

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Quick pack and so long stinktown! Found the birth certificates and changed some money, Whoo Hoo! See ya there. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
I'm leaving within the hour for Burlington - see you all there! /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
leaving within a few minutes - see everyone in 5 hours or so (maybe 6 we'll see how the bridge traffic is)

eluwak

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp Pkg 2 Black/Anthracite
Made it back finally /images/graemlins/wink.gif

For anyone who wants to know it took me 22 hours to drive the short way back to Orlando and that included a 2 hour nap /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
glad to hear you made it back safely despite those many liters of oil weighing your car down. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BKmetz

Staff member
TDI
Ahhhh....

Got home about an hour or so ago and got all the luggage unloaded and everything put away. Time to sit back and relax in another TDI fest afterglow!

Took me 9 hours, 15 minutes to get there, 9 hours, 45 minutes to get home. I spent a little more time and money than I should at the duty free shop stocking up on cigars and expensive liquor. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Early arrivals and those that don't know when to leave: /images/graemlins/wink.gif

CoolWht from Indiana: 11:00am Thursday.

BKmetz from Illinois: 3:30pm Thursday

PeterV and Dick from New Hampshire and beyond: 11:00am Friday
(Sorry Dick, I forgot your last name)

By Friday mid-afternoon they were lining up to check in.

Lingerers, loiterers, and hanger-ons:

Suds: 4:00pm Monday

Jacob from Virginia: 7:30pm Monday
(sorry, forgot your username)

BKmetz from IL: 5:00am Tuesday

And the last of the last....

Jon Bartlett from Mass: Sometime Tuesday morning after me.

Ontario didn't seem to suffer any long term damage from hosting its first TDI fest and should recover in short order, but then they are used to Tazz..... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brian, 97 Passat TDI

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
Brian, if i had known u smoked cigars...i would have brought a few cubans, or a couple choice dominicans....they would have served us our drinks /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif, but seriously, if i had known...next time i guess.

BKmetz

Staff member
TDI
Thanks for the offer Vik but you're right, I don't smoke. The cigars are for my brother who smokes about one a month.

I did buy a bit of Canadian whiskey though. I bought all the brands I can't get: Gibson's Finest, Schenley OFC, Wiser's De Luxe, and Wiser's Very Old. I was going to buy a bottle of Ballantines bourbon also. Ballantines is made in the US but for export only. We can't get it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif So I now have a nice Canadian addition to my bourbon and cognac collection.

Oh yeah, I also picked up a case of Molson Brador. I should have skipped the Brador and got some Sleeman's instead. Oh well, I will just have to come back again and buy some more! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope to see all you guys again somewhere next year.

Brian, 97 Passat TDI

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
[ QUOTE ]
BKmetz said:
Oh well, I will just have to come back again and buy some more! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

all the more reason for those guys to put their newly aquired organizing skills to use on a miniFEST /images/graemlins/wink.gif I could certainly stand anohter 48 hour block of time in Canada to take advantage of Duty Free- 1 liter of Jameson's is CHEAP saving loads of cash . . .

And next time I'll take a tip from resinguy and buy ON THE WAY IN!!! That way I won't have to deal with $5 bottles of beer (not that they weren't good)...

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
a we have gtg's every 4-5 weeks up here...usually a good (15+) turnout.

but a gtg in the fall, when the leaves have changed, b4 the snow would be cool. Imagine the rally run with the leaves in full color.

hmmmm....lmk if u / any are interested....