OEM Wheel Database - Should I organize it differently?

Change the OEM Wheel database index page?

• No, leave it as it is, cool seeing all the wheels on one page.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Change it, sort them based on bolt pattern.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

penclnck

The OEM wheel database, a labor of love... or lack of nookie... has grown over the years and still looks like a 1996 GeoCities web page (without flashing banners). The index page is sort of a cluster phud looking mess now and I've been thinking about breaking it down into index pages based on bolt pattern. What do you think?

Leave it as it is?

Organize it based on bolt pattern?

LeeM

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE, 2002 Jetta Reflex Silver
Organizing by bolt pattern seems like a good idea and maybe alphabetically within those divisions, understanding that there are wheels for which the name is not known.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
i think it's just fine how it is. great little resource! but adding an index to bolt pattern would be definitely useful

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
There are several where the bolts are covered by a center cap so how would you index those?

Leave it as it is. An alternative addition would be links to OEM descriptions, spec, and photos, but I realize that is impossible.

FireStorm005

TDI
1999 Golf GLS TDI
There are several where the bolts are covered by a center cap so how would you index those?
Since they are all OEM wheels we already know the bolt patterns, they'd be sorted by 4x100, 5x100, 5x112, etc based on which cars they fit.

I think it's a good idea to sort by bolt pattern, but since the only ones with more than one pattern are the Mk3s and Corrados they're the only ones you really need to separate.

Last edited:

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
I would leave it as it is, but if you feel like killing some time....

I assume each page is dynamically generated based on a database entry for each wheel. Why not build in a search function with a dropdown for bolt pattern, a text box for wheel name, etc?

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
I would leave it as it is, but if you feel like killing some time....

I assume each page is dynamically generated based on a database entry for each wheel. Why not build in a search function with a dropdown for bolt pattern, a text box for wheel name, etc?
and a box stating what model & generation they originally were installed.