OEM wheel database now has 120 rims!

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
MK1, first row, third photo is a Tarantula. 13" x 5.5" that was originally on the Scirocco S.

Nihilator

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 1.8t wagon
This one, still marked as a question mark, is a spare wheel from a W8. There's one for sale on eBay right now.

http://www.4130-products.com/wheels/100-0041_IMG.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-W8-03-04-spare-tire_W0QQitemZ250109900943QQihZ015QQcategoryZ66482QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They'd be pretty smokin' to have a complete set of four. I like 'em.

--Chris

PS-- Thanks for making the db. It's been very useful to me in choosing my next set of wheels, which are going to be 2006 NB Houstons. I'll send you a postcard with a pic of the Houston'd wagon as soon as I get them mounted.

penclnck

Nihilator said:
This one, still marked as a question mark, is a spare wheel from a W8. There's one for sale on eBay right now.
Several VWs did come with a nice matching allow wheel for the spare, where as most have the steel rim. As I recall, the Passat I saw this on had a complete set of them... plus spares don't tend to have center caps.

I've contacted the ebay seller asking for the part number, a big thanks for the lead there, hopefully I'll be able to put that monster to bed soon.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Anyone care to share their source for VW rims and discounted prices? A lot of the rims I see are way overpriced. Not too much on eBay from what I saw for the A5. Will any of the A4 rims fit the A5? I like the bbs style rims.

penclnck

no-blue-screen said:
Will any of the A4 rims fit the A5?
No, the bolt patterns are different.

As for a cheap source for rims, http://wheelcollision.com/ has fairly good prices for refurb'd rims. We ordered a wheel from then a while back for a customer and were surprised at how good the face of the rim looked, brand new (inside of rim wasn't repainted). It cost about half the price from them VS over the counter.

Beyond that, the deals that pop up every so often when little Billy decides to be extra stupid and gets the latest bling bling wheels he saw in some "tuner" magazine... the ad had a lady with large boobs standing next to the wheels, so the wheels must be cool and Billy is kidding himself if he thinks those bling bling wheels are going to get him a pair of boobs like that. At best, Billy will get old man boobs later in life... Billy is stupid, so keep your eye out for him.

Nihilator

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 1.8t wagon
penclnck said:
No, the bolt patterns are different.
If you're willing to fork over some cash to have something "different" on your A4, you can always buy 5x100 to 5x112 adapters, at $360 for a hubcentric set from H&R (or half that price used), or $180 for a non-hubcentric set from (the website I can't remember now).

As it turns out, the extra offset you would have to endure by buying the 20mm+ adapters is cancelled out by the fact that A5 rims have about 15mm more offset than A4 rims.

--Chris

penclnck

JerryPT said:
Hi, both of your B4 examples are 5x100 pattern, my B4 TDI is 4x100 as are all others?

Jerry
If the car come with the VR6, then it has 5 lug wheels, 4 cyclinders came with 4 lug wheels. This rule also applies to the mk3 platform as well.

I've just not run across any B4 alloy wheels on a 4 cyclinder. Can you send a good photo?

Pat Dolan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Variant, 2015 Q7
no-blue-screen said:
Anyone care to share their source for VW rims and discounted prices? A lot of the rims I see are way overpriced. Not too much on eBay from what I saw for the A5. Will any of the A4 rims fit the A5? I like the bbs style rims.
I hate to say it on this forum, but vwvortex classifieds has wheel/tire pages in both Canada and US and are quite useful for this purpose.

ogrice

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS

penclnck

Just VW rims. There are some older rims that VW and Audi both used. I have enough problems in life already and don't want to add more issues to my plate by trying to keep up with Audi wheels. I wish some one would do it, I'd like to link to such a site.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
This is a canadian Corrado Wheel:

It also came on some Mk3 VR6s in Europe.

SLC Corrado BBS RZ

Here are the G60 corrado BBS RZ, note that the VR6 version's webbing pokes out:

Last edited:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta

Corrado Storm BBS Solitude Wheel

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
"Picture 052" (in the A3 section) is an Audi 80 FWD wheel, minus the center cover, but with an owner added VW center cap plugged in. I don't think this Audi wheel was ever used as an OEM VW wheel.
"100-0042" (in the B4 section) is called simply "BBS wheel" in the VW electronic parts catalog.
<edit> Audi 4000 FWD, not the Audi 80 FWD <end edit>

Last edited:

penclnck

Just added those 2 wheels, no data on them yet. I think the IMG_0766.JPG one is called Las Vegas, which would fall into the city naming theme.

mk4gasm

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf
im going to start off by saying i have no clue about tires/rims, bolt patterns etc etc.

with that said, i really like the detroits for the mk5. both my 01 golf tdi (mk4) and the mk5 have 5 lugs, but i dont know if they are both 100 o 112. would they work? and do you guys think it would look good? its either those or the bbs'. oh by the way im going to 17s, any rubbing issues? i dont want alot of gap in the fender.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
MK5 OEM wheels will not work on Mk4s

penclnck

As noted, mk5 wheels won't fit the mk4s. As for running 17", not an issue, the mk4 platform came with several different 17" rims. As you go bigger on the rims, the sidewall on the tires gets small, so the overall tire tread diameter stays the same. Gap is caused more by the ride height of the car, thus a lowered car has less gap.