OEM AM/FM Antennas - A4/B5

mycruiseagent

Vendor
TDI
Jetta GL, 2002, Galactic Blue - R.I.P.
mca--found out anything abouty b4 antennas yet????
Talked with my source today - B4 and A3 are different part numbers. The B4 is outlandishly expensive - my cost almost $300! I can get Sharan Navi combo antennas for less than that (though not much less). The A3 has two part numbers depending on VIN (so says ETKA) - those part numbers are 1HM035549 B and C. The B version is about the same price as the the A4 antenna and the C version is about 50% more. Any interest in these parts?

MCA

blitzoid

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue '02 Golf GLS TDI
MCA - I'd like an antenna for installation on a '99 B5. If you wouldn't mind emailing me when there is one available. (markblitzer **at** yahoo)

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Would like to pickup a 99.5 A4 antenna (for a Jetta) when they come back in. Hopefully I can do this without creasing the hell out of the headliner.

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
Would like to pickup a 99.5 A4 antenna (for a Jetta) when they come back in. Hopefully I can do this without creasing the hell out of the headliner.
Should not be a problem. I did mine by pulling the center rear headrest for some room and then loosening the headliner from the rear window and lowering it just enough to be able to reach in with a cresent wrench. The biggest problem I had was getting the nut to start on the new base.

Of course if you have a wagon this may not apply to you.

djmeier1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Black
I would like to buy an antenna for a 2002 Jetta. Do you have them back in stock? Shipping information for me is:
David J. Meier
405 S. Randall Ave.
Madison, WI 53715

How do you want payment. I do have a Paypal account. Dave.

dkuster

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS TDI
mycruiseagent said:
My order got backordered - could be another week or two. Thanks for your patience.

MCA
Put me down for one as well. Please send a PM when you've got them
in stock.

dkuster

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS TDI
mycruiseagent said:
My order got backordered - could be another week or two. Thanks for your patience.

MCA
Put me down for one as well. Please send a PM when you have them
back in stock.

mycruiseagent

Vendor
TDI
Received word that they have finally come in - should see them next week. I'll contact everyone who PM'ed or emailed me first - then if any are left (!) I'll post a general offering again.

MCA

Last edited:

sat2825

Veteran Member
mycruiseagent said:
Hmmm. An antenna with amplified base, cable, and whip from the dealer for $27.58? My guess is you are talking about a price for just the whip.

EDIT - no problem, thanks for the clarification.

Mark
Can you not just replace the whip by unscrewing the tip and exchanging it with the new tip - without the hassle of removing the headliner, and changing the mounting base, ect???

Thanks,
Joe

blitzoid

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue '02 Golf GLS TDI
Any updates?

If no supply is available, has anyone had any luck with the bases on ebay? I don't think they are OEM (i'd much rather buy from a trusted source) but I'd like to replace an antenna base ASAP.

mycruiseagent

Vendor
TDI
Back in stock - 5$ price increase

Antennas (antennae?) are back in stock. I notified people on the request list last Sunday and gave them an opportunity to get them at the old price. I have had a cost increase so the price is now $40 shipped to the US or Canada (still cheap!).

As I have mentioned - these are complete OEM VW antennas - consisting of the base, the whip, and the cable up to the coax connector, not just the whip portion.

People on the request list scooped up almost half of what I got in this time, the balance will go to anyone who asks. Please reply either by PM or to this thread to request a link to a page on my website where I have a paypal "buy now" button. I don't stock huge quantities of these because I'm laying out several hundred dollars at a shot to buy a lot at a time. As a result I try to keep a tight rein on people ordering from the paypal link. I don't want to get orders I can't promise to fulfil in a timely manner.

MCA

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
You can replace the whip by just unscrewing it.

sodapop6620

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
I broke my antenna on my 2000 Jetta. I was wondering if you know if the sharkfin antennas will work? If so can you get one and how much will it cost?

Thanks,

mycruiseagent

Vendor
TDI
I have priced out other OEM antennas and can't come close to the price I get on these particular units.

MCA

ZapBuzz

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta 2002 teal
very quick shipment!! I can hear again thanks!!

(i only wish i picked a warmer night to change it)