October 28 - Halloween GTG!!

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I just figured out my costume!!

I am going to be the host of the 2005 CCGTG! :rolleyes:

Note to Nukes: these people *drink* when they can't stand outside and talk about cars/watch someone work!! ;)

We're heading to scoop up B~G shortly and should moor round 4-4:30.

nordska

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6MT, 2002.5 Jetta Wagon ALH 5MT
I'm thinking about leaving now to come down which would put me there like 4:45 or so, but I dont know about this unhappy rain!

J double R

Fail Train Conductor
TDI
'00 Golf 4 door
Zippy_car said:
So....

(Taco salad)
+(insert picture of corset)

= I'm SO THERE! :cool:
(Corset incl. in costume)

ok, so Nuke and Mrs Nuke, I'll be there, Taco Salad in hand. Please have fans and smelling salts on standby for when i passout from having my ribs crushed for the sake of entertainment! :D Let the Fun begin!
May my first post say that the party was definetely awesome, and the smelling salts were almost really in order! ;) And the taco salad! once a week from now on. I swear. The skunk was interesting, very cool and un-smelly.

Last edited:

Jetter_Sprinta

TDI
Thanks, Nuke family for a fun GTG with almost NO wrenching!! (when are my cars *ever* going to get fixed/modded/cleaned!?!)

Excellent costumes. My vote for best has to go the the Hamster...the name tag wan't really necessary!:p And Zippy and Mrs. Chill, it is scary what a good wench/school girl you make. No wonder you had BigB listening to his own heart!

I don't know how many pix we got on my margarita-soaked camera, so let's see some posts!!

I just have to say--not (50+mph) wind, nor rain (falling down in slabs, not drops), a skunk in the garage*, nor a flooded B5.5 in the garage will keep those crazy TDIers from a party!

(Angelica--get the Eos! :D )

*the chinchilla did NOT like us coming home smelling like skunk, two dogs, a cat, and Ly's chicken! :eek:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Excellent costumes. My vote for best has to go the the Hamster...the name tag wan't really necessary!:p And Zippy and Mrs. Chill, it is scary what a good wench/school girl you make. No wonder you had BigB listening to his own heart!
I must admit... we ALL looked good! But maybe someday i'll learn that breathing is more important than outward appearances! (... or not...) :eek:
Julie: killer constume, highly creative! *standing ovation!*

Thanks to the Nukes for hosting and throwing yet another interesting gtg for TDIclub! Thanks tons for letting me bring Eya! she passed out for the entire 2 hour ride back! ;)
Maybe next time i'll bring Izzy her own set of poi to spin!! (ingrdients 2 stretchy socks and 2 tennis balls!) she's a natural!

until next time! (see y'all friday!) :D :eek:

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
I just finished working about an hour ago. Thanks to everyone who showed up in spite of the horrible weather. We have an abundance of food that the Nuke family will be enjoying for the next week or two!

The costumes were great! There were WAY too many poor college students though... :D

Phoenix42

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Mazda3 Hatch
Keith,
Thanks for making us all welcome at you homestead, rain or shine. Though I have to say I was thrown a bit when your daughter greeted me as "Beer!" :D

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
She figured that out pretty quickly, eh? Sorry I missed this one, but I was driving driving driving. Asheville NC to Boston: 17 hours. Miles: 980. Stops for fuel: 0. Gallons left: 6. B4V: Priceless.

GCMarx

Veteran Member
TDI
Shoes, the bus, the T
Hearty seconding to Phoenix's sentiments, as well as many thanks to all who advised/watched/assisted on my first fuel filter change. The washer tank will have to get in before it gets too much colder.

Izzy, thanks for letting us come play with your parents. :D

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
Nukes,

Thanks for opening up your house to us nut cases!! It was a fun time in the Tiki-Garage!!! The costumes were kewl, the food plentiful, and the company second to none. See all of you soon....

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Happy Halloweenie!

Great times in the Tiki Garage! My hat's off to our resourceful hosts! Apparently *nothing* will stop these Tiki gods...

Seriously guys, little did you know that you'd have to rearrange your world to accomodate us when you planned this shindig a month ago. You guys did an AWESOME job in making us feel welcome and that we did not put you out in the least. (Congrats on your clean garage!:D )

Great costumes all around! I'd have tried something a litle more girl-y had we had this party say, in the Bahamas? I just get way too cold...:eek:

I have to say the I have the utmost respect and love for the TDI guru I tried to portray...hopefully my form of 'homage' will be well received (and forgiven!):eek:

Great to see you all again, and see you on Friday...?:cool: We are sick, are we not?!

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
Oh, you wanted pics?

Well, it started innocent enough...

But then the Irishman hit on the Utz girl...

And it went downhill fast...somebody called a doctor!

And St. Pauli Girl came to life...

Then the doctor made his rounds...no one was spared!

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
Somebody tell me if these pics are coming out grainy/fuzzy...
and I'll continue my story!

MrsChill

Thank You to the Nukes for hosting the gtg. Even though the weather was lousy, i had a great time. Leave it up to us to get together no matter what. Cant wait til Friday! See you all soon. Thanks Again!:) Hey, did anyone get a pic of Lil' Herm? Please post.

Jetter_Sprinta

TDI
MrsChill said:
.....Hey, did anyone get a pic of Lil' Herm? Please post.
Oh, we got pictures! What rating would you like;) Actually was going to work on that today but, um well, we'll tell you later:p

S&C

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
What a good time, even if I didn't participate in the costuming aspect. Wish I had.... You guys were awesome. All of you dressed up. The ingenuity of you all was supurb. I didn't realize that everyone was going to get in costume. I must have missed that part. I got my car's oil changed and windows washed though. Thank you Peter and Chris (and all the on lookers/flashlight holders). That needed to be done.

Then it was just to settle back and watch the antics that seem to follow this crowd - Fred, see what you've caused!

I had a great time. Thank you Meganukes (plural). You threw a fine Tiki-garage experience! It was a lot of fun seeing old friends and meeting the new ones. We always seem to collect more new faces.

Maybe I'll make one of these first Fridays one of these months. Take care until the next one! ~BG

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
IT continues...

As I said, the doctor was outta control...

Lug_Nut needed serious cooling down after the assault...

Even the Utz gang wasn't safe...

But then we all banded together and changed the evil doctor's ways...

And the fun began...beer was served by the St. Pauli girl & boy...

And the hosts were happy...

While the littlest host had visions of becoming a St. Pauli Girl when she grows up...

Feeling threatened by this development, the current St. Pauli Girl searches for a way to ensure her reign...surely 'enhancement' is the key...:eek:

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
Part Three...

Even with all the festivities, some TDI guys had to be nerds and huddled around a computer displaying 'car stuff'...

It was only when someone shouted "Boobs!" did any one of them come up for air...

Why, some even needed costume help so as not to feel left out...however minimal the costume may be...

Fortunately, the Teeny Tiny Costume Inspector was in attendance. After close inspection, he deemed the costume minimal, but acceptable.

Then we paid homage to the newly elected leader of Zamunda who left our beloved family just days prior to this party to take up his new post.

We salute you, King DeeBee! (With nothing other than the favorite drink of Zamunda - Amarula!) The party wasn't the same without you...

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
While the littlest host had visions of becoming a St. Pauli Girl when she grows up...

Feeling threatened by this development, the current St. Pauli Girl searches for a way to ensure her reign...surely 'enhancement' is the key...:eek:

[/quote]

OMG! ROFLMAO!!! :eek::D;):):cool:
Well said Jules! ;)

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
The end...

By this time, leftover trauma from an earlier attack...

...had the Hamster seeing doubles...

...or maybe it was just past the Hamster's bedtime...

Either way, a great time was had by all...and I'm SURE we'll need to be filled in on the details of what happened after Mr. V tucked his Hamster safely in the confines of "Heated Seats" T Red and headed for home...:D

So tell me, what'd we miss?!?!

bigbtdi45

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Jetta 2003 reflex silver
A great big thank you to the Nukes for hosting the "hopefully" first anual Halloween GTG. I'm sorry I could not make it, but Dr. Curley told me it was a "blast"! Oh well, I'll try to make it next year.