Obdlink Mx tool questions

Pickledrick

TDI
Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI
Hello , I have purchased a obdlink Mx tool for my car and IV been trying to read online about its functions. I know it can see your revs and speed limits and such but surely that isn't all it can do ? It says you can check codes and such but I can't see how and the website doesn't really show you much. Is there other things I need to buy with this to get the most use out of it ?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Use an app called Torque on an android phone/device. You can make gauges for any sensors it finds on your car. It will also scan for codes as well. Don't use the software that comes with it for your VW. There is also another app called Vag-DPF for android phones/devices that will track and show your dpf regen status. Quite good!

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
The Obdlink MX used to come with an app (OBDLink) that dwarfs torque in function, and can also add features to read a lot of proprietary OBD (alas, not VW . . .) . . . The doc should be available online (as would be the app updates as well). Did you not get that, or ???

I personally have an MX, and have found very little it won't do (Including Toyota proprietary comm to thier ABS controller that a local shop could not read . . .)

Don't downgrade it with Torque! I don't have the time to get into everything it won't do . . . (tried it and dumped it quickly!).

Last edited:

Pickledrick

TDI
Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI
I see , there was no manual but I downloaded the app and didn't see much with it maybe I'm computer impaired ha
Thanks for the help guys.