OBDeleven Scanner

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 -- 2008 Mercedes ML 320 CDI
Wanted to get a thread started on this scanner. It is far more intuitive then a regular OBDII scanner. This is basically an app version of the Ross Tech Vag Com at the cost of $60 to $90 depending on which version you purchase.

https://obdeleven.com/en/content/7-app-and-features

You can long code, reset CEL's, force a regen, change settings to the car (video in motion, gear display, needle sweep...etc)

The thing that makes it different is it has one click codes. You open the app on your phone. Find what your trying to do, and click the function you want and the app automatically does everything for you. Aka short coding. Most things are free, others range from 1 credit, 10 credits or 100 credits.

Has anyone else purchased one? Would love to start sharing knowledge on this scanner. I picked one up and learning on the fly currently.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Hmm . . . looks like it won't run standalone, and it takes the Pro version to even get close to VCDS function. And not sure what's up with the "Credit" crap, but getting to pay more to keep it alive down the road (as well as being at the mercy of a ??? company to not pull the plug on the cloud end, rendering it a brick in the future) causes me to give this a firm "No way for me" . . . that, and VCDS isn't much more, has great support, and may well be cheaper in the long run depending on how the "Credit" scam is played .. .

I vote pass . . . too much risk for minimal savings . . .

750HMF

TDI
2015 Passat comfortline TDI
I have obd11 and it does what I need it to do. (Reset service minders, run fuel pump for filter change, etc). As far as the credits go, they are used for if your too lazy to do any coding on your own and just want to press 1 button. I've never had to use any of the credits and was still able to do the needle sweep, disable seat belt chime, etc.

I'm in no way saying it's better than vcds, just giving my .02 is all.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

550TDI

TDI
v6 Amarok 550TDI
You cannot do everything with long coding.
The 100 credits one click apps are obviously kept secret.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
Hmm . . . looks like it won't run standalone, and it takes the Pro version to even get close to VCDS function. And not sure what's up with the "Credit" crap, but getting to pay more to keep it alive down the road (as well as being at the mercy of a ??? company to not pull the plug on the cloud end, rendering it a brick in the future) causes me to give this a firm "No way for me" . . . that, and VCDS isn't much more, has great support, and may well be cheaper in the long run depending on how the "Credit" scam is played .. .

I vote pass . . . too much risk for minimal savings . . .
Talk about a negative nancy....

So far spent $80 and not paid for any credits. VCDS is $200. Anyways this is more prevalient in Europe, the company just announced a new product (I'm actually pissed had I known I would of waited). I will wait to see if something comes up that it can't do but the Ross Tech can. The ability to keep this is the glove box with no cables, and plug in at a moments notice with your cell phone is nice.

To each their own I say....

550TDI

TDI
v6 Amarok 550TDI
Can do the same with Ross hex-net..
But definitely not for $80. [emoji23]
Also little bit disappointed with Ross tech. Where you cannot unlock VIM or mirror link.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
Can do the same with Ross hex-net..
But definitely not for $80. [emoji23]
Also little bit disappointed with Ross tech. Where you cannot unlock VIM or mirror link.

I thought you can long code VIM with a Ross Tech?
https://trick77.com/enable-vim-tv-playback-vcds-vag-com-mmi/

7. VIM (Retrived code - will try tomorrow)
Video In Motion - prevent the car from suppressing DVD playback once the speed of the car rises above 5mph
I used the same technique as in my C6 with MMI 3G. These are the steps I followed:
[Select]
[5F-Information Electr.]
[Advanced ID - 1A]
Make a note of the Serial Number
Go to Enable VIM TV-playback using VCDS/VAG-COM in your Audi MMI | trick77.com
Follow the link for MMI 3G
Enter your serial number into the input field
Make a note of the personal login code and the alternative login code it returns
[Security Access - 16]
Enter your personal login code.
[Do it!]
If you receive a "code not valid" message try the alternative code. If neither code works it's likely that your control module doesn't support VIM adaptation.
[Adaptation - 10]
Select channel 48
Press read
Set the value from 0 to 255
Press test
Press save
Press "Done, Go Back"
Close VCDS and reboot your MMI as detailed in step 5 above

550TDI

TDI
v6 Amarok 550TDI
Its and old method.
Doesn't work with new models.
Also Ross forum explicitly says they will not support VIM because its a safety reason.

Uwe

Vendor , w/Business number
Also Ross forum explicitly says they will not support VIM because its a safety reason.
Correct. We want no parts of the legal or moral/ethical liability should someone be involved in an accident while distracted by watching a video.

-Uwe-

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
I'm curious about the device, but alas no iPhone/iPad app available to try.

I've had VCDS in the past and loved it, would love the mobile Hex-Net setup but just can't swing the coin yet.

750HMF

TDI
I'm curious about the device, but alas no iPhone/iPad app available to try.

I've had VCDS in the past and loved it, would love the mobile Hex-Net setup but just can't swing the coin yet.
I believe they just released an iPhone version a week or 2 ago

KiwiCanuck

TDI
Oops.. driving a gasser
Er... OBDII is On Board Diagnostics ‘Roman numeral 2’, isn’t it? Not eleven?
Oops. And then I look at the link and it’s really ‘eleven’.. I’ll just shut up now...

Last edited:

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
OBD eleven is the name of a product, OBDI, OBDII are generic names for the protocol.

varia

TDI
jetta sportwagen tdi
I have obd 11 since years, it worked great even on my old (1992) audi

I just got this 2011 jsw tdi, and i cant connect to the ecu.
I notified the company last week, they said they are working on it.
(i think, they fixed the model section issue already)

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
Yes they do have both. Android and apple version for hex-net adapter. snip
Are you talking about OBDEleven's site? I don't see anything Apple-related, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. In fact, I sent them an email and got a response that they "...rescheduled the iOS release to the middle of Q2."

I'd appreciate a link to the Apple version of OBDEleven, thanks.

550TDI

TDI
v6 Amarok 550TDI
Are you talking about OBDEleven's site? I don't see anything Apple-related, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. In fact, I sent them an email and got a response that they "...rescheduled the iOS release to the middle of Q2."

Sorry I was talking about VCDS-Mobile.
In Australia we cannot even have Android version from Play Store.

BeartheBruce

Vendor
Sorry I was talking about VCDS-Mobile.
In Australia we cannot even have Android version from Play Store.

Apparently all misunderstand. VCDS-Mobile runs on the HEX-NET adapter itself using Wifi and web broswer. There is no app to install to use VCDS-Mobile.

There are a few old apps around to help one configure the WiFi network to talk to the HEX-NET so the smart device platform can display the information.

Do take a moment to read and view the videos on our website about the VCDS-Mobile product. It is not a Bluetooth, Android device. It is platform independent and can run on virtually on any smart device that has WiFi and a web browser.

DieselDeeds

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 TDI S-Line + Black Optics Package
Correct. We want no parts of the legal or moral/ethical liability should someone be involved in an accident while distracted by watching a video.

-Uwe-

I’m really confused right now seeing that people say this doesn’t work. I have VCDS and unlocked VIM in my 2014 Q5 about 3 months ago. I found some steps online, entered some codes and stuff and it worked great. Although I’ve never watched a DVD while driving (except for the initial neighborhood lap that I drove after I enabled VIM), I enabled it so I can clone my iPhone screen to view my Waze Nav on my dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
I’m really confused right now seeing that people say this doesn’t work. I have VCDS and unlocked VIM in my 2014 Q5 about 3 months ago. I found some steps online, entered some codes and stuff and it worked great. Although I’ve never watched a DVD while driving (except for the initial neighborhood lap that I drove after I enabled VIM), I enabled it so I can clone my iPhone screen to view my Waze Nav on my dash.

I haven't sat down to get this feature figured out. Though I thought I read somewhere that my year of the Audi A6 and the MMI system I have is not yet supported to allow this function. Hopefully I can take a look this week and play around with it more.

I picked up the OBD Eleven because I got the car tuned while still having the emissions equipment. Its been nice to take readings of soot, temps, and regen frequency.

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
May 3rd the "Next Gen" device is available for preorder. It will support iOS.

Kinda pissed I just bought this one lol.

https://obdeleven.com/nextgen/
https://obdeleven.com/nextgen/

DieselDeeds

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 TDI S-Line + Black Optics Package
Haha awesome I have the VCDS and envy the compact feature you OBD11 users have. You and I have talked about your tunes before and your TCU tune. Just do the delete man- you’ll never look back! No more soot to worry about in your dpf that you won’t have. If you don’t like the smell, stick with the downpipe from Rawtek with the hfc [emoji2373]

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
I am currently using VAG DPF and a OBD-MX bluetooth adapter to monitor and predict regens but looking at ordering OBD 11. Is it just as easy as VAG DPF for monitoring and predicting regens? You say you can force a regen, when you do this does it reset the timer in the ECM and the other conditions that initiate a regen? Also can you leave it plugged in all the time or will it drain the battery?

If it can do those things I will order it right away instead of another OBD-MX since I am borrowing the one out of my truck right now to use in the TDI and the truck ain't happy about that.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
After some research I found out that it doesn't have auto shut off and you shouldn't leave it plugged in all the time. I am still curious to know how the forced regen works, say you know that you have a regen due in about 25 miles but you will be just arriving home when it starts can you start it early to get it out of the way, and then will the ECM reset the counters for the next regen?

750HMF

TDI
After some research I found out that it doesn't have auto shut off and you shouldn't leave it plugged in all the time. I am still curious to know how the forced regen works, say you know that you have a regen due in about 25 miles but you will be just arriving home when it starts can you start it early to get it out of the way, and then will the ECM reset the counters for the next regen?
Forced regen on mine is with car in park and park brake applied.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
One question 750HMF, is the forced regen only available when the soot loading exceeds the 24g threshold that would normally trigger a sucessful regen? In other words, is it for an emergency or "service" regen only or can you do it any time you want?

Last edited:

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
Haha awesome I have the VCDS and envy the compact feature you OBD11 users have. You and I have talked about your tunes before and your TCU tune. Just do the delete man- you’ll never look back! No more soot to worry about in your dpf that you won’t have. If you don’t like the smell, stick with the downpipe from Rawtek with the hfc [emoji2373]

Went Buzzken with High Flow Cat. More info to come very soon!

Has this thread disappeared from the OBD Scanners section. I couldn't find it.