Oak Brook ILL to Hillsboro Beach FL.

2004PassatTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Sedan, 2016 E250 Sport
I’m leaving Friday afternoon from Oak Brook Illinois with a destination of Hillsboro Beach Florida.
I plan to spend the night in Chattanooga (Hwy 75), then head to Savannah (Hwy 16) so that I can drive along the coast on Hwy 95. The next two days will be spent in Saint Augustine Beach, right on the water. I bought a surf fishing rod/reel, and would like to give it a try. Then I’ll head down to Hillsboro Beach for a deep sea charter. After several days I’ll start to head back home.

I’m not going to try to break 900 miles per tank this time, but rather stick to the speed limit and see what that will yield. Anyone know of road construction projects large enough where it would be a good idea to alter my route? Thanks for any heads-up information.

Happy Holidays!

Ernst

jrarno02

TDI
'02 Golf GLS
Welll, I-64 East is closed at the bridge in New Albany, so all traffic coming from St. Louis towards Louisville is being rerouted to 65 South...may not be a huge issue if you come through southern Indiana later at night (past 9), but it's a heads up none the less. Good luck on the trip!