Nozzle upgrade

TDI
2003 IBW
My account got reset (I think) so I’m not new to the forum.

ive got an 03 alh
List of engine mods:

egr delete
Stealth race pipe
Vnt17
3 bar map
DLC 1019 (set up by Aaron)
Stg4 tune (22 psi)
10mm pump.

the question is, upgrading to to 764 dlc or pp764 or R520s. Or get the 1019’s set to stage 3,4,5.

My egt’s are only 1200 even on track days. Which nozzle could swap to and still have no smoke but max power. I would rather not have to get the tuner to change the tune for new nozzles.

futue mods are 2.5 exhaust and 2” ic pipes to help with future egt’s

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Sounds like you've already answered your own question. Going bigger than 1019's and you'll start having more smoke at WOT. So take your pick, slightly more smoke, slightly more power, or leave it alone?

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Larger nozzles can be dialed back to give more power and smoke less...ok course go too big and fuel atomization suffers as the 10mm pump can't keep up. You then swap to a 11mm pump and you start all over again ! If your turbo can keep up then it gets a nice little street toy !

TDI
2003 IBW
I’m going to install a PD intake manifold and also considered an upgraded IC. I have a WMI kit I may consider using if needed.

I would think the R520’s would probably be too big. If got either of the 764’s ( DLC or PP) I wonder if I could be smoke free with the future air mods and also get the pilot injection set and dial the IQ back to help reduce the smoke.

I hadn’t considered the 11mm pump although I like the idea. I think that would be a whole nother ball of wax

Last edited:

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Bosio Race 520 are very good nozzles- they can flow a lot of fuel and at the same time can be almost smoke free ! On my AHH golf mk2 tdi I have a hybrid wastegated turbo, race 520 and they all driven by a 10mm pump. I am being restricted by the internal map sensor located inside the Ecu and the non flash trough obd msa15 Ecu. Car drives very nice with good fuel economy and plenty power to overtake modern cars !

TDI
2003 IBW
I’m waiting to hear back from DBW about this topic. Has anyone ever only updated their current nozzles to a higher stage (3,4,5) with good results without having to retune?