Noyes VW, Keene, NH

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
I don't know how many are familiar with Noyes VW in Keene, NH, but I thought I'd share a positive story about them.

The cruise control hasn't been working in my '09 since the ECU was changed back in October. I spoke to the service rep at the dealership in VA while on the road back to Massachusetts. I was approx 50 miles north of the dealer when I discovered the cruise wasn't working. As the car had already spent a month awaiting the ECU, I had no plans to go back to have them check it out.

Long story short, I finally got around to making an appointment to have it checked yesterday. I explained the problem to the service manager--Andrew Cwalina. He looked up the car's history and saw the details of the ECU change and said it may be as simple as activating Cruise in the ECU. He was correct and the problem was fixed in about 30 minutes.

What really surprised me was that he said there was no entry for my 10k service. I explained that I did the service myself, regardless of the "Free" scheduled maintenance. He said as a TDI owner and technician himself, he also like to do his own maintenance. He then said he'd give me the items for the 20K service and to come back when I was approaching 30K to pick up the 30K items. He said he'd enter it in the computer so that the service would show up in the car's history. He gave me 5 liters of Castrol 507LLX, a drain plug, oil filter, and air filter. He didn't give me the fuel filter, but I wasn't going to complain.

I was totally surprised by this. When I asked at my local dealer--from whom I BOUGHT the car--for the 10K supplies, I was told "That's not how things work".

Quite often we read horror stories about dealerships, so I thought I'd share a good experience.

Car901

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW 6spd, Black, in and out - traded for '17 Alltrack
Mayor - good show. It's refreshing to hear positive feedback once in a while about dealer experience.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
I'll keep using them in the future. I think that fact that they're VW only helps: there are no Fords, GMs, Honda's etc to confuse everyone involved.

Plus Elm City Brewing has some good beer so the drive to Keene is well worth it.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Mayor, was this dealership imported from another planet? "Competency" and "VW dealership" are rarely, if ever, used in the same sentence.

Greaseburger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta,2011 Tdi sportwgon
MayorDJQ Pm me the next time you come to Keene and maybe we can get some brews, been looking for a reason to vist Elm city:)

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
dieseldorf said:
Mayor, was this dealership imported from another planet? "Competency" and "VW dealership" are rarely, if ever, used in the same sentence.
LOL! I'm not sure, hopefully this wasn't a one time instance.

Greaseburger said:
MayorDJQ Pm me the next time you come to Keene and maybe we can get some brews, been looking for a reason to vist Elm city
Will do. They have Sebago IPA on guest-tap right now...I usually don't go for the visiting brew, but Sebago is nearly impossible to get in this area.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Good post. I am a 45 minute drive from Keene and am looking for a dealer service relationship, at least for the freebies.

jayp111

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
Resurrecting an old thread.....

With Rich Tremblay no longer in new boston/weare I have to give a thumbs up to Noyes

They did what they said they would do for a fair price.

Their advertised prices on timing belts isnt bad either

I know a couple other people with TDI's that have used them and also gave them a thumbs up