Not part of the settlement

ejm4

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Newbie...

Just purchased a 2014 Passat SE TDI CPO Friday evening. I opened the hood and saw no stickers applied at a recall was performed. I typed the VIN into https://vwdiesellookup.com/ and it states my car was not part of the settlement.

Does this mean there was no ecm re-program?

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Is your car a manual ?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

ejm4

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Is your car a manual ?

No, automatic.

I was under the assumption that they were all modified in some sort in order to be sold.

Last edited:

ejm4

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Did you buy the car from a VW dealer?
Yes, just purchased Friday night from a VW dealer.

There was a brochure in the glove box from VW giving information about the repair procedure, warranty period, etc. According to the brochure the car would have had the ecm addressed.

I assumed there would be some sort of sticker placed on the car.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Possible the sticker peeled off ? Or maybe it's a car that was never fixed than traded in ? No idea what could it be

Tom in PT

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat sedan - SOLD; 2013 Passat DSG; both purchased new
In my car, the little sticker is yellow (about 1 X 2 inches) and says "campaign completed" with a place to hand write the campaign number, dealer number and date, stuck on the radiator support, next to the other stickers there.

It is conceivable that the original owner decided to keep the car as is and forego the cash compensation ($$$$$) and fix (+ extended warranty), but that would be rare owner in my opinion.

If the car was kept as is, never fixed and traded in and acquired by the selling dealer
recently perhaps it was too late to get the fix and start the clock on the extended warranty. Maybe a call to the Dealer could answer that question. But it would be puzzling that the warranty brochure is in the car but not a sticker and no information on the lookup site.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Make sure to type the vin in all caps on the website, mine says not part of the settlement in lower case, in capital letters it shows recalls done, extended warranty valid. On a ‘14 passat the sticker is on the underside of the hood closest to the drivers side windshield by the hinge.

Last edited:

ejm4

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Make sure to type the vin in all caps on the website, mine says not part of the settlement in lower case, in capital letters it shows recalls done, extended warranty valid. On a ‘14 passat the sticker is on the underside of the hood closest to the drivers side windshield by the hinge.
Thanks for the info. Using all Upper Case letters did the trick on the website.

I also called the selling dealer this afternoon. He looked up the last 8 digits of the vin and confirmed it was completed in January 2020. He said sometimes the stickers come off when the detail guys are cleaning up the cars.

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
I would thank the dealer and ask they please supply a new sticker so there isn't any confusion for you and any future owner(s).

Tom in PT

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat sedan - SOLD; 2013 Passat DSG; both purchased new
^ Yes, and you want to know the exact date and mileage when the fix happened to be able to calculate when the extended warranty expires.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
I've seen yellow and white stickers (if I remember right), but what I do know is that some were attached to the door sill, next to the manufacturer sticker. Some in the engine bay.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
For ours, they placed our sticker on the underside of the hood, wayyy up by the mount, very tough to see, i was looking down by the original EPA cert sticker by the air intake/radiator