Nor-cal TB change

gcodori

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 NB TDI plus CPO 2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem.
Yes, I know...I just missed the GTG.

But now I'm looking at a TB change soon. Last time I had it done (at 100,000 miles) I purchased the parts to convert my 01 NB to the 100,000 belt. Had a local guru change it out.

Now I'm in a new town - east bay and will need this replaced again and my auto tranny serviced.

Since I missed the gtg, what local shops would you guys recommend? What prices are you seeing for install with my own TB kit? Willing to travel SF, sac.

Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jvdm

TDI
2000 / non TDI 2002 Miata
Maybe we can get Matt to drive up here again from SoCal. I know at least 2 other members who need to get work done too. Let me message Andrew (the GTG host) if we can use his facility and Matt to find out when he has time.

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
follow jvdm's lead. Matt-98AHU gets up to the bay every 6 weeks or so, when there is work...

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
you supply parts. Talk to Matt about price...not sure. Better than you'll get it anywhere else..

zanzabar

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta BEW 5spd (dual duty track car and daily driver beater)
I could probably do one or two over the next few weeks. PM me if you can make it up to the north bay.

gcodori

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 NB TDI plus CPO 2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem.
Quick update...got the TB changed by Matt-98AHU this weekend. I was fortunate that he was up for the weekend. I just want to give a shout-out to Matt and to say thanks for the recommendation to the group.