Noob here needing more power

thereal_nico.m

TDI
2003 vw jetta tdi
Hey everyone I know this has been posted many times but its hard to find an exact answer. I'm new here to the tdi world. I just picked up a 2003 jetta tdi with 304k miles. The trans had issues so I swapped in a lower millage one. While I was in there I added a south bend stage 3 daily clutch. My biggest issue is this thing is slowww. I'm looking to upgrade the injectors and add a tune but I don't know the right direction to go. I'm assuming I need to upgrade my injectors now before I go to the tuning portion. Any help would be great. I hope I can get some more power out of this. I love the car and hope to make her last a lot longer, and make her faster.

Last edited:

thereal_nico.m

TDI
2003 vw jetta tdi
Sorry you had a bad experience, this doesn't sound typical
Let's see if we can do something about that

Here's the direct line for Mike who has said he will personally take care of you
970-688-5306

tell him you are nico.m who posted on the forums
awesome thank you!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
How slow? If the car's not set up and running properly stock, upgrading injectors and tuning are just patching up an underlying problem. The car could have a clogged intake, failing turbo actuator, issues with the vacuum system, be mis-timed, or have something as simple as a clogged fuel filter. I'd suggest you get it running well stock before tuning. My son has a stock '02 Golf, and although my modified cars feel faster, I wouldn't call his slow.

Are you in CT as your zip code indicates? If so you might want to visit 413 Auto in Westfield MA (Mike McCann is the owner) and have him check the car out if you want another opinion.

thereal_nico.m

TDI
2003 vw jetta tdi
How slow? If the car's not set up and running properly stock, upgrading injectors and tuning are just patching up an underlying problem. The car could have a clogged intake, failing turbo actuator, issues with the vacuum system, be mis-timed, or have something as simple as a clogged fuel filter. I'd suggest you get it running well stock before tuning. My son has a stock '02 Golf, and although my modified cars feel faster, I wouldn't call his slow.

Are you in CT as your zip code indicates? If so you might want to visit 413 Auto in Westfield MA (Mike McCann is the owner) and have him check the car out if you want another opinion.
i mean slow as in going from my 07 gallardo to this as a daily haha its quick just not as quick as it could be.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
What is your budget and what are your goals? You want to be faster in acceleration or top end speed?
Turbo, Injectors, Tune, PD150 TIP, 11mm or 12mm IP, PD lift pump, ported head, bottom end (pistons and rods).
Have a budget set and build within that budget.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Hey everyone I know this has been posted many times but its hard to find an exact answer. I'm new here to the tdi world. I just picked up a 2003 jetta tdi with 304k miles. The trans had issues so I swapped in a lower millage one. While I was in there I added a south bend stage 3 daily clutch. My biggest issue is this thing is slowww. I'm looking to upgrade the injectors and add a tune but I don't know the right direction to go. I'm assuming I need to upgrade my injectors now before I go to the tuning portion. Any help would be great. I hope I can get some more power out of this. I love the car and hope to make her last a lot longer, and make her faster.
You have plenty of clutch now, so no worries there. With 304k miles on the car I would make sure everything else is safe and solid before you start tuning. Making power as they say, "Is a slippery slope" as the only substitute for cubic inches is rectangular dollars A set of .216 nozzles can be turned down for a stage 3 tune, and opened up for a Stage 4 tune. I have 24 PSI and .216 nozzles and I have plenty of fuel left. Until you get above a Stage 3, 18 PSI tune, the stock turbo will be enough, so you get a set of nozzles, and ECM reflash, and I am sure you will be very happy!
From basically stock to Stage 3 is a giant leap.