non bio fuel added fuel available?

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
Just wondering if there is non bio added fuel available in the south? Just noticed it at Walmart

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Hard to say for sure. Not all states in the US require bio labeling below a certain threshold. It is possible it says all D2 but still have some small percent of bio. Most stations will say if they have over 5% bio. A few states mandated B20 as well. But anything under B20 should be okay for any car to use at least for a short while with no regards really. Constant use of B20 and you should regularly check your oil levels to see if they are rising and taking on fuel due to regens. At 5% or less you should have absolutely no troubles with fuel.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I guess mn is south of you, and nope, only fuel that doesn't have vegetable oil in it is red, and even then you have to specifically ask for it to be sure
government at work
get used to your fuel leaks looking like the backsplash behind the fryer at a chinese buffet

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Techincally all diesel is vegetable oil. What do you think made all that oil down below your feet?
I'll give you a hint. It's not dinosaurs!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Bio is not vegetable oil. No fuel I know of commercially sold has vegetable oil in it, red or any other color.
Bio is made from vegetables.
Diesel is made from vegetables 3 million years ago.
We just made the presses faster and more expensive.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Still not vegetable oil. It is only used in the process to use to make bio. By the way animal fat is also used, not just vegetable. Make no mistake biodiesel is not vegetable oil.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My comment being that vague and generic must be taken as such. You know what I was getting at and your just being picky.