Noise when idling

33B

TDI
1.6TD 51kw Passat b2 '87; Touran 2.0 TDI PD 125kw '07
'87 1.6TD, I replaced flywheel, clutch plate, clutch pressure plate, pilot bearing and throw out bearing, along with a good used transmission. So now i have a grinding noise at idle if i bring up rpms by just a little bit it stops, or when i press down on the clutch pedal. As soon as you start to depress fingers on the pressure plate it stops. Any ideas? Also its a single mass flywheel, just so there isn't any confusion.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Sounds like throw out bearing is rubbing on something? I mean if you touch the clutch pedal... and it goes away...
Maybe take the clutch slave off and see if it still does it. Make sure its in neutral lol
My bet is on the fork. Did you replace the pivot ball?

33B

TDI
There isnt a pivot ball. Cable goes to the lever on the trans. and that lever is connected to the shaft that goes through the bell housing. When looking in the bell housing the shaft is above the input shaft, and it has two arms pointing down on each side the input shaft. And on those arms throw out bearing is hooked.

33B

TDI
So i still havent found the source of the noise. I did some research and guys have similar noise with the input shaft bearing being bad. But they have that noise in all of the rev range. I'll try checking out the input shaft bearing, lucky me on this transmission the input shaft bearing is in the back..