No TDIs on VW.com??

bobpaul

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Why are there no TDIs listed on VW.com? The only model I could find with a TDI option was the Taurig in a 10-cylinder model. Does this have something to do with recent regulations, or does VW just think there's not enough interest in these vehicles? I saw a thread recently about a 2008 TDI Jetta, but why is there no mention on their website??

BrandonH

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White
No Tdi Till 2008

bobpaul said:
Why are there no TDIs listed on VW.com? The only model I could find with a TDI option was the Taurig in a 10-cylinder model. Does this have something to do with recent regulations, or does VW just think there's not enough interest in these vehicles? I saw a thread recently about a 2008 TDI Jetta, but why is there no mention on their website??
VW will not be selling any TDI here until 2008 because USA does not have ULSD in all locations (none here on my area yet) and and the new ULSD cars can only run on that fuel only.

Last edited:

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Out Of Production !

bobpaul said:
Bob, you can't sell what you don't got! And they don't publicize future modesl 'til they're at the dealership.

The only VW diesel available for sale in 2007MY is the Tauring [SIC].

bobpaul

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
BrandonH said:
VW will not be selling any TDI here until 2008 because USA does not have ULSD in all locations (none here on my area yet) and and the new ULSD cars can only run on that fuel only.
Oh, that's a relief. The ULSD, is that the 50ppm "low sulfur" stuff like they sell in Europe, or is this something different? I've read too much FAQ over the weekend and I'm a little burnt out :D [EDIT] Found my answer from Chevron's Website. ULSD is only 15ppm.

dieseldorf said:
Oh, thanks! That's very informative.

Last edited: