no start

Altai

TDI
Skoda
Hi, I have 2005 VW Caddy with 1.9 diesel engine, I don't have glow plug light, no engine light and when ignition on cooling fan goes to max speed, with DTC 01314 – 004.

Appreciate your help.

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Try replacing your 109 relay . Hopefully that helps with the engine light and GP light as that relay sends power to the ecu.
The high fans….that I’m not sure……I vaguely remember that that was caused by a blown fuse….I’d check the fuse panel and also on top of the battery….. it would back feed through some circuit causing the high speed if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
No glow plug light means the ECU is not working, most likely due to no power. Have you been able to test all the fuses, and in particular the fuse for the ECU? They can look good but still be open.

Altai

TDI
Skoda
HI,
I found the problem, it is the ECU, i bought a second hand one and all lights engine, glow plug are on and the engine starts but it die after few second because of immobilizer.
now my second problem what to program, the ECM or the key or both ?
thanks

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Just have the immo deleted and you won’t have to deal with it.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Your best bet is to send your ecu off and have it deleted by a someone who’s done it several times. Both my wife’s beetle and daughters Jetta are immo deleted.they will start and run with the valet key. In fact my daughter prefers the valet key and never uses her fob. Both these deletes were done by a previous owner. Here is a company that does immo deletes recommend over at new beetle.org. There are others on eBay.

Whoever you decide to use let us know your experience, as these cars get older I suspect more and more will need to be deleted.

Altai

TDI
Skoda
i called a local electrician who is specialized in German cars and he manage to program the ecm, and the car is running fine,
i really appreciate you help.