No more "pure" G13 at dealerships

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Feh... my wife's car developed a coolant leak while out of town, so I had her buy some distilled water to get the car home... once I fixed the hose, I had a situation with left-over highly diluted coolant in the system (couldn't flush it out completely), and... the only thing available at VW dealerships nearby is the 50/50 stuff... time to visit an aftermarket store and stock up...

Y.

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
At my local VW dealer (Fitzgerald VW in frederick MD) the gallon jug is premixed. The 1qt containers are still full strength and need to be diluted.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
It is still readily available from chain stores in the Pentosin Brand in full strength. Idparts showed the OE VW coolant when I was shopping recently as well.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
I got some Hepu brand full-strength stuff, but... it's silly that you can't get it at the dealerships any longer...

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
I got some Hepu brand full-strength stuff, but... it's silly that you can't get it at the dealerships any longer...
It is probably too hard for the techs to figure out how to dilute it.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Obviously you make coffee with it. :p
It's not a sweet as you hear antifreeze is supposed to be! We saw that it has a bittering agent to keep animals from drinking it. I can confirm it works :p

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
It's not a sweet as you hear antifreeze is supposed to be! We saw that it has a bittering agent to keep animals from drinking it. I can confirm it works :p
that's why I like and use green, it tastes better

when I put together my heating boiler it's getting a mix of all colors (all the drained antifreeze from coolant flushes at work) the barrel I've been collecting it in's current color is brown :p