No More Biodiesel @ Alliance Energy, Holyoke, MA

DodgeCummins

Got a letter saying Alliance is merging w/ Fuel Services. Looks like they are closing the South Canal st office. Fired off an email asking If we can get B20 or B100 @ South Canal st still? Not sure if they are doing away with it permantly?

Their new webpage: http://www.fuelservicesgroup.com/

Unfortunately we no longer have access to the pumps at South Canal St, so Biodiesel is not available at this time.

Christopher J. Chase
Executive Vice President
Fuel Services, Inc.
(413) 562-0650

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
It's not far (my opinion) up I-91 to Brattleboro and Fleming Oil's Shell retail outlet with (non-Shell) B100.

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
Or if all you want is B20 you can hit Pride in Springfield or Northampton. And Shell in Greenfield has B20 as well. Filled up last night for $2.989, which is a little crazy but it's been that price for two months.

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Varkias said:
Or if all you want is B20 you can hit Pride in Springfield or Northampton. And Shell in Greenfield has B20 as well. Filled up last night for $2.989, which is a little crazy but it's been that price for two months.
Which pride stations are you talking about? I know my station in chicopee doesnt have or advertise B20.

Alliance Energy had some insanely jacked up prices on their Biodiesel all along anyways.

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
There was a big bill board on 91 in Springfield that said that all pride stations had bio... and a friend of mine told me that he had read in the news that pride was going to offer B20 at all of there stations that sell D2 in MA.

I was just going on that, I haven't actually stopped to check myself yet...

That's what I get for believing the ads I guess. Maybe it's still in the pipe.

Just did some interneting and it looks like there was an article in The Daily Hampshire Gazette that says pride is going to have B5. You need to be a subscriber to see the whole story though so I's gots no details.

Last edited:

DodgeCummins

Varkias said:
There was a big bill board on 91 in Springfield that said that all pride stations had bio... and a friend of mine told me that he had read in the news that pride was going to offer B20 at all of there stations that sell D2 in MA.

I was just going on that, I haven't actually stopped to check myself yet...

That's what I get for believing the ads I guess. Maybe it's still in the pipe.

Just did some interneting and it looks like there was an article in The Daily Hampshire Gazette that says pride is going to have B5. You need to be a subscriber to see the whole story though so I's gots no details.
I read that Pride has B5 only. I am not interested.

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
DodgeCummins said:
I read that Pride has B5 only. I am not interested.
Yeah, I was much more excited when I thought it was going to be B20. Oh well. :( Something is better then nothing, and at least it sounds like they are putting it in all their Diesel.

Greaseburger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta,2011 Tdi sportwgon
Flemming in Brattleboro is $3.69 a gal, I will stick with my homebrewed B100 thank you:)

BrianMA

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Has anyone heard anything more about the Pride stations carrying bio???

I've stopped in at the Northampton station a few times but no one there ever knows what I'm talking about......

-Brian

vtyankee

TDI
2006.5 Jetta Package 1 Campanella White
BrianMA said:
Has anyone heard anything more about the Pride stations carrying bio???

I've stopped in at the Northampton station a few times but no one there ever knows what I'm talking about......

-Brian
Can't help you there but Fleming charges about 8 cents less at their Exit 3 staion in W. Chesterfield, just go straight through the turnaround and it's a half mile past the bridge on the left. (Shell):cool: