No longer ISO ALH or PD Golf, Jetta wagon, auto

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Found one. It is a 2013 Jetta Sport Wagon. It needs a little work, as in all the major maintenance items (Timing belt, engine oil & trans service, and anything else you can think of), but it drives nicely and the new driver is looking forward to driving it. That's after the 300+ mile test drive home.

Thanks to everyone who had a good suggestion and/or wished us well.

Cheers,

PH

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
"My wife needs a different car." "but my wife's inspection is even more stringent" "she wrote the book on stubborn" "You gotta remember this will be a woman with self respect driving it" " that argument doesn't work with her." "I can't afford newer ones due to a couple of financial disasters"

That pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

I won't be taking your car home
PH
Dude, grow a set. Time to trade the princess in not a fantasy purchase

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Dude, I showed the missus your reply. She gave you the single digit 'you're #1' reply. I have to agree. I have a partnership and a great partner, not a piece of chattel.

Cheers,

PH

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
My returned compliments to her highness
🤞 glad ya got her Okey doky

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Dude, I showed the missus your reply. She gave you the single digit 'you're #1' reply. I have to agree. I have a partnership and a great partner, not a piece of chattel.

Cheers,

PH
If you are in a non-emissions testing state, might I suggest a newer TDI? I feel your search would be more fruitful if you expanded your net to include the newer CR TDI's... (and yes, I know well the MKIV draw).

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Unfortunately, all of those I have seen that are driveable are well beyond my price range. Believe me, there is nothing I would like more than the latest and greatest, but it just isn't in the cards right now.

Cheers,

PH

Vwkaferman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Have you tried auto tempest search engine? It searches a whole BUNCH of platforms nationwide if you want and can drill down with advanced search.

Good luck!

James

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
What's your price range? Have you checked your local FB marketplace? There's a nice looking '12 Jetta Sportwagen , DSG,123k near me for $7500 on Marketplace