*NO LONGER AVAILABLE* FS: 2006 Golf TDI - Taylorsville, NC - $1900

kcdt58

TDI
2006 Golf TDI
2006 Golf TDI. Has the BEW engine with a 5 speed tiptronic transmission. 199,504 miles and car will sit until it is sold.

Currently as it sits it needs a turbo. When I bought it the car was throwing an underboost code and I believe I have fixed that issue (N75 valve and new vacuum lines). It has a VNT17 turbo on it with ~100k miles (have receipts from when original owner had it installed). I pulled the turbo to clean the vanes as they were sticky and upon inspection the exhaust impeller showed some damage, so I assume something was pulled through and damaged the impeller and must have slightly bent the shaft or hurt the bearings. The turbo did not make any noise prior to me replacing the vacuum lines and N75 but now with proper vacuum/boost it sounds like the impeller is hitting the housing or the bearings are shot. Turbo is currently installed on the car.

The only other known issues are the following:
- Fuel door switch is not working, so I can been manually opening in the hatch of the car
- Car is throwing a code for glow plug module (P0670) which I have not addressed as it starts without issue
- Headliner is sagging

Since I bought it two months ago I have done the following:
- Timing belt and water pump ($800 from Guy Roberts VW, I have the receipts)
- New tires and alignment
- New pads and rotors all around
- Replaced vacuum lines, N75 valve and turbo actuator

Clean and clear title in hand.

I have over $3000 into the car, but obviously willing to take a loss here to let someone else finish out the project. The car drives down the road smooth and transmission shifts perfectly. I've just spent enough time, money and frustration on it and don't want to mess with it anymore.

Asking $1900 OBO. Willing to entertain reasonable offers.

Car is located in Taylorsville, NC.

Last edited:

kcdt58

TDI
2006 Golf TDI
I've decided to just bite the bullet and replace the turbo on the car.

Moderators: Can you delete this thread please?