No longer available- 2016 A6 TDI V6

RoboRoad

TDI
A6 3.0 V6
I have a well-loved A6 TDI V6 that needs to go, which I really dislike, as the engine is simply superb... I also have a 2016 Reg V6... so I have been thinking to look at options to swap the TDI and the V6 engines (crazy thought...?), or simply accept the loss of the TDI... Since I have no hopes that swap is anywhere near feasible, I am reluctantly posting the A6 TDI for sale.
Basics: 2016 Audi A6 TDI Quattro Tiptronic Premium Plus Package, Sunroof, S-Line Sport Package, Driver Assistance Package, Adaptive Cruise Control, LED Headlights, BOSE Surround Sound, Cold Weather Package, MSRP $66,500, 56k miles and just completed the 55k miles service. Florett Silver metallic exterior with Black interior. Free of damage. I am the second owner, first owner had service agreement, all services followed schedule at Audi dealership. Looking at $36,500.
Trying to upload pictures but haven't found out how yet... for in the meantime, google one, it's not that unique after all.... but still a beauty! :)

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The A6 TDI is probably one of if not THE very best diesel passenger car ever sold here. They are not too big , they have understated but pleasant and timeless styling, very comfortable to drive, the highway passing ability is astounding, and they manage to sip fuel like a 4 cylinder (seriously, the trip I made in one netted 39 MPG, same as my 2.0L Passat). Good luck with your sale. Personally, I'd ditch the T'reg before it chokes up some wallet crushing chain job or whatever else, LOL...

RoboRoad

TDI
A6 3.0 V6
So true... that's why I hate to part with it... need the TReg for more practical reasons, but that V6 does 20-25 mpg where the A6 doubles that! I drove a 900 miles round trip and averaged (!) 49 mpg while setting the adaptive cruise control only to touch it for a bio-break mid-way each way... Just cannot keep them both.... :-(

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
sorry I am not much of a buyer but since we own to Touaregs V6 and TDI, this is interesting reading to me, I just wanted to mention that after reading what you and Oilhammer had to say about the A6 TDI, I will make it my mission to snatch one of those in the future.....good luck with the sale!!

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
More info on the A6: Miles, color (in and out) trim level. Any idea what you want to get for it?

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
More info on the A6: Miles, color (in and out) trim level. Any idea what you want to get for it?
its on his description : " Florett Silver metallic exterior with Black interior. Free of damage. I am the second owner, first owner had service agreement, all services followed schedule at Audi dealership. Looking at $36,500. "

RoboRoad

TDI
A6 3.0 V6
Not sure how to remove the discussion, but the car is no longer available.

tdijim

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 1996 Passat TDI
sorry I am not much of a buyer but since we own to Touaregs V6 and TDI, this is interesting reading to me, I just wanted to mention that after reading what you and Oilhammer had to say about the A6 TDI, I will make it my mission to snatch one of those in the future.....good luck with the sale!!

tdijim

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 1996 Passat TDI
Getting ready to detail my 2014 A6 TDI, with 72,000 miles and market it. So, San Antonio, if you want to contact me feel free. It is amazing. Jim