No boost, turbo not working question

CKRATDI

TDI
2014 B7 Passat TDI CKRA Se limited Edition Sport- DSG-full deletes
14 b7 passat nms TDI. Not sure what the issue is, I think the wastegate actuator is stuck open possibly. Was accelerating, let off throttle, heard noise sounding like a boost hose came off or something but all the connections are fine. Instead of psi building up on the boost gauge it builds negative boost or vacuum on the boost gauge, it has much less power but seems to run fine engine wise. The turbo seems to not be working, I can't hear it spool at all, and it just sounds boggy and surgy when I Rev the engine. Any help would be great, I don't know if I can fix my current wastegate electronic actuator or if I need to replace the whole thing and I've never replaced one or adjusted one. Please help

CKRATDI

TDI
Take the turbo inlet tube loose and take a look at the turbo insides. The CKRAs commonly eat turbochargers.
Thank you for the reply. I took it off, and it was indeed the turbo. Turbine shaft broke off on the exhaust side and the intake side wheel is seized. I like the torque of this tdi and how it cruises, but I've replaced Injectors, pulled the trans to change the DMF, now the turbo is bad. Plus it's due for a timing belt, and the hpfp could go out anytime and would be best to just replace it as a preventative.All this in just the last few months, I think I'm gonna get the turbo on sell it and go get a honda lol, and the price of diesel where I'm at is horrible. Thanks again

CKRATDI

TDI
One more question if you know. It'd be easier to reinstall the turbo if I delete the EGR cooler, and I don't need the egr cooler. The car is already deleted with malone stage 2. Do you know if deleting the egr cooler will cause a cel or anything? I know there's a sensor plug that goes into the egr cooler and I don't want to re tune the car because after I get the turbo fixed I'm gonna trade it in.