No '16 TDI Touaregs for sell in NC/SC

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
former '04 Beetle TDI, now 2x '15 Audi Q5 TDI's, 2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 6.7
Went to look at a new '16 Touareg after the wife liked one we looked at two weeks ago and now you can't get one for love or money. Spoke with the GM and he told me that they were removed from the lot for sale by VW. There is no recall for the 3.0 TDI but they can't sell them. Audi said the same thing when I called them about a Q5 or Q7. They both said it would be most likely 1st quarter '16 before they could possibly be back for sell or later. Do you guys think when they come back on the market that they will be worth it and will the price be down because of an over supply waiting the approval to put them back on the market?

mikeb95

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 TDI pkg. 2, DSG white/beige
None in Houston or New Orleans area. VW and Audi websites don't list TDI models either.

Last edited:

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
GM at local dealership said that they weren't recalled, it was just a precautionary measure but they still can't sell one. One that I looked at two weeks ago had 12. They have them locked up on their back lot. Can't even go back there to look at them.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
I can still get them here in the Seattle area. As Joe mentioned, the 2015-16 Touareg were not listed in the potential 3.0 issues, only 2014 I believe. Chaplin's currently list three brand new 2016 Touaregs on the lot, and two are TDI.

CSR Penfab

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux Tdi
I was at my local So. CA VW dealer last Friday for my 30 day check up on my new 2016 Lux Tdi. My sales guy said the 2016 is not affected and they're still selling them....

JBell

Veteran Member
TDI
None
VWoA issued a stop sale on all Touareg TDIs for the time being until they can make the EPA happy. They were sent a NoV regarding the Touareg and the current EPA certification is in question. If they get sorted out, I'm sure they'll be flying off the lot faster than one can blink.

I bought mine about a week before the stop sale was ordered.

CSR Penfab

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux Tdi
VWoA issued a stop sale on all Touareg TDIs for the time being until they can make the EPA happy. They were sent a NoV regarding the Touareg and the current EPA certification is in question. If they get sorted out, I'm sure they'll be flying off the lot faster than one can blink.

I bought mine about a week before the stop sale was ordered.
Interesting because my dealer in CA told me 7 days ago that was a myth and they were still selling the 2016 V6 Tdi's. I wonder if something changed in the past week?

JBell

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Interesting because my dealer in CA told me 7 days ago that was a myth and they were still selling the 2016 V6 Tdi's. I wonder if something changed in the past week?
Not that I'm aware of. If you try to finance through VW Credit, they won't do it.

JBell

Veteran Member
TDI
None
This is straight from VWoA's website:

We received notice from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Nov. 2, 2015 regarding certain 3.0L V6 engines and listing the MY 2014 3.0-liter V6 TDI Volkswagen Touareg. The notice contains allegations we take very seriously and we are fully cooperating with the agency.

Following the November 2 notice, we proactively issued a stop sale order of new and certified pre-owned 2015 and 2016 model year 3.0-liter V6 TDI Touareg vehicles as well as certified pre-owned 2013-2014 model-year 3.0 liter V6 TDI Touareg vehicles.

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
This was on Yahoo today: https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/vw-emissions-issue-extends-additional-191432155.html. Contacted the dealer again today to put my name on a contact list when available and he told me that they think it will be at the earliest March 2016 if not later. They told me that some of the dealers were having transport trucks picking up Touaregs and returning them to the port storage. Sounds like no easy fix. My son thinks they are being sent to China as their sales were up 15% last month and US sales were down 3-4%.

dayne66

Veteran Member
TDI
(TRADED)2006 Jetta TDI Package 3 (Cdn) 5 sp
I'm liking my Jeep GC Summit more and more as time goes on! Of course Audi is in with VW on the scandal....latest is that BMW & Benz 'cheated as well.

Last edited:

JBell

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I'm liking my Jeep GC Summit more and more as time goes on! Of course Audi is in with VW on the scandal....latest is that BMW & Benz 'cheated as well.

To each their own. IMO, quality of Chrysler is through the tubes....horrible.