Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South / Sunday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
We'll see. I think I should be able to bring everything in one shot.... Bringing stuff back might be another story. Rui, or Pete, I may ask if I can store a few things at either of your places for 1 or 2 days? With the wheels I'm buying from Dan, plus all the tools I'll be bringing along with my new bumper, I doubt I'll have the room to bring everything home........

TorkingDog

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Silver
If it's ok!, I'd like to make this GTG and meet some new members and a few that I know. I'll bring beer
and whatever else you could suggest. Sounds like it's going to be a great day!

TDI-NEVER-DIE

Veteran Member
TDI
bora
What is the earliest we can show up? I want to get a head start and i know several people are doing big jobs so i want to make sure we all finish at a decent time..

Is food and drinks covered up to this point?
I'm bringing soda..what else do we need..
What is the head count?

later

ACHTUNG TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Sedan, Silver (sold); 2016 Jetta TSI 1.8t Sport, 5 sp, LP; 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sport Wagon (wife's)
TDI NEVER DIE:

I'll also be bringing soda. I have 36 cans of a mix of ginger ale, orange and cherry pepsi (each in a separate can).

Looks like the weather will be good with a decent turnout. Probably can't have too much soda.

daveyracing69

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS 2002 Silver
Well guys and some girls, if you don't mind I would love to come and check this gtg out. I will be coming home from PA, so I will get there, if it's ok with wagonman. I will be bringing my old proto-type of my gauge pod in the sun roof. It's up for sale.....

boucanier

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 BLUE LAGOON
you are welcome dave,rui can you give me a call i send an ice machine via fedex to your place.

also str8edg Jetter if you whant me to your timming belt you have to be there as early as possible as i have to go back to quebec early sunday after noon.

i will bring the parts.

Wagon man

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 2005 wagon
<font color="red"> Sunday, 29 June
11 AM to 6 or 7 PM ???
Clifton, NJ 07013 </font>

Directions remember it is in <font color="red"> CLIFTON </font>NJ not Clinton NJ

<font color="red"> Who is coming </font>

<font color="blue">Wagon man </font> Installing Ecode, Fuel Line Shield, "one missing rivet for skid plate, split mirrors, and IC vent
<font color="blue">tongsli </font> : Vag 17mm injector wrench
<font color="blue"> ScoobaSteve </font> : “refreshments, snacks, or desserts”
<font color="blue">TDI-NEVER-DIE </font> : VAG-COM maybe ginger ale and or Coca-Cola
<font color="blue"> str8edg Jetter </font> : Installing Timing Belt and skid plate bringing Burgers
<font color="blue">NYTDI </font> : maybe injectors to put in ........ TB Help
<font color="blue"> POWERSTROKE </font> : BEER !!!
<font color="blue">oldpoopie </font> : rear brake tool ........TB Help
<font color="blue"> PstorJeff </font> :
<font color="blue"> andrewc </font> : 40th Birthday on GTG
<font color="blue">dkuster </font> : Gulf e-codes for sale. Installing CAT filter. MFA cluster.
<font color="blue">tsterkel </font> : Installing Hidden hitch. Bypass filter. Hot dogs “24 count” mustard, relish , ketchup, bread
<font color="blue">DIEZELD </font> : bringing an extra set of hands.
<font color="blue">boucanier </font> : GLX w/ fogs for sale..... TB HELP
<font color="blue">whitebelly </font> : bringing friend looking for chip / box
<font color="blue">danix </font> : PSI Motorsport tuning box for us all to try and buy.
<font color="blue">AJS </font> : Vag-Com
<font color="blue"> Bowlerman </font> : bringing some food
<font color="blue"> Papamol </font>
<font color="blue">Rammstein </font> : Cleaning inter-cooler. Jack, stands and few tools
<font color="blue">Smoothmove </font>
<font color="blue">02GolfTDI </font>
<font color="blue"> mfox25 </font> : Paper plates and napkins.
<font color="blue"> lesleygirl </font>
<font color="blue"> ACHTUNG TDI </font> snacks or dessert
<font color="blue"> flysurge </font> has Tools and vagcom needs 101 for VAG. Also needs MAFs
<font color="blue"> cevans </font>
<font color="blue"> TurnpikeMan </font>
<font color="blue"> Jetter_Sprinta </font>
<font color="blue"> PeterV </font>
<font color="blue"> TorkingDog </font>
<font color="blue">daveyracing69 </font>

<font color="red"> That is 32 + -</font>

I would like to say we are going to have a large turn out. This is great but I must mind you that we should keep ALL BEER, food and Work in one area not to cause any problems. I know there is parking across the street and parking at the Walgreen's I hope they will not have any problems with this GTG.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Francis,

I'll be in Staten Island Saturday and Sunday. Want to caravan on over?? I'll PM you with my information. Let's try to meet Sunday morning.

Lito

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
DeeBee is in Atlanta this weekend. His Passat is currently resting comfortably at home.
The '87 MB 300D is making this trip to Atl.

lesleygirl

TDI
2003 silver New Beetle
I need directions! Could someone please send me a PM with directions from the Parkway? I'll be on the northbound side as I'll be driving up from Princeton and I'm assuming that I'll probably take exit 154 but I'm not sure where to go after that.

Thanks in advance,
Lesley

TDI-NEVER-DIE

Veteran Member
TDI
bora
Lesley: Follow the directions posted, they cover several approaches..

Jack you are covered buddy..

PS:i'll be doing my suspension, in addition i'll have VAG-COM, extra set of hands if anybody needs help and i'll bring soda.. maybe i'll bring something else, sounds like we might have too much of one type, if you guys need me to bring something else i will.. let me know, if not i'll bring what was stated on the other page..

PSS: Does anybody want to caravan up to Clifton.. we can meet up at the McDonalds/Mobil rest area in Union... There will be a few of us there already.. let me know.

TDI-NEVER-DIE

Veteran Member
TDI
bora
Lesley: Follow the directions posted, they cover several approaches..

Jack you are covered buddy..

PS:i'll be doing my suspension, in addition i'll have VAG-COM, extra set of hands if anybody needs help and i'll bring soda.. maybe i'll bring something else, sounds like we might have too much of one type, if you guys need me to bring something else i will.. let me know, if not i'll bring what was stated on the other page..

PSS: Does anybody want to caravan up to Clifton.. we can meet up at the McDonalds/Mobil rest area in Union... There will be a few of us there already.. let me know.

got_vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 Jolf 2-Door, 5spd, Candy White
Ok, now I have a couple of my own priorities to take care of Sunday that I could REALLY use some help with. None of them are biggies though. . .

1) I need to get inside the passenger door to fix the latch (this is the 3rd time its broke
)
2) Since i have fixed the ground to my aftermarket radio - I would like to reguest someone's Vag expetise to reset my pass door (lights don't go on when it opens, and if opened longer than the 30 sec before the alarm auto-locks the alarm goes off)
3) Basically I would like someone to use the Vag again to do whatever you can do with the Vag (sorry, I'm new to the Vag and want to get my own)
4) Test out Dan's(Danix) 2.0 Maf and see how my engine likes it before i buy it.

I know the list is a little lenghty but from what i know the hardest part should be getting the inside of the door off. Thanks for all your help guys. My college student budget thanks you.

PS - Off the subject of VW, my co-worker found out I was coming up to the North Jersy and request that i get him like 40 White Castle Chesseburgers (he's a big guy
). Is there a White Castle in or near Clifton. The drive will give me a good chance to test out the 2.0.

Wagon man

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 2005 wagon
1) I need to get inside the passenger door to fix the latch (this is the 3rd time its broke
)
2) Since i have fixed the ground to my after-market radio - I would like to request someone's Vag expertise to reset my pass door (lights don't go on when it opens, and if opened longer than the 30 sec before the alarm auto-locks the alarm goes off)
It sounds like 1 and 2 are the same problem. The door latch / ajar sensor will tell your ECM "cars computer" that the door has been opened. If the ECM thinks the door is closed 1. no lights 2. auto rearm of alarm.

I believe the sensor is activated by your broken latch, but if someone else that has done some work on the latch assembly or replaced this sensor could you shed some light on this topic.

got_vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 Jolf 2-Door, 5spd, Candy White
I knew they were the same freakin' PITA. Ever since the dealship "fixrd it the first time" it hasn't been the same. Why do you think my latch keeps on breaking/coming apart? Maybe I'm just stronger than i thought

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
Justin, my NB wheels are buried in my shed and I haven't even begun to try to put my interior back together. I think I'm going to have to hang onto them for now if you don't mind. No snow in the forecast for the next few months anyway

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Dan, no worries. With all the stuff I'm bringing...
Bumper
Engine hoist
3 tool boxes
Various boxes of parts
and I have to take an extra spare tire&wheel from Lito.
I doubt I would have had the space in my hatch for them. Pete would held them for me, but nevermind. Just let me know when your ready and we'll meet up.

AJS

TDI
NB, 2002, White
I know this is Late.
Does some one has one of those pumps used for oil change and can bring it?
Id like to do a quick oil change If possible.
Thanks
AJ