nitrous on 13 tdi

jsf350

TDI
13 jetta tdi
i havent set up the nitrous kit yet... been busy with the race truck.. and i also gonna go to stg 3 with the car... just need the time to install it.

nitrous kit is sitting ready

p_ferlow

TDI
09' Jetta TDI Revo tune 6spd, 01' F250 7.3L "tuned"
My http://www.dp-tuner.com/ on my 01' F250 turned it into a raped ape for the same or less money than nitrous..... stock you're not getting nearly enough fueling.

It's like guys adding the bigger ball bearing turbo to their truck and expecting HP gains... you get nothing without fuel.

On B100 I only have a grey haze on the 140hp race setting. I'm still a little short on fuel so I'll be upgrading to the adrenaline HPOP next. Get the PO1211 when I get on it hard... not enough fuel, or rather oil pressure to fire injectors at that level. But otherwise it's not stock. Big air filter, HX hose, 4" turbo-back exhaust, perf trans w/billet triple disc converter, 6.0 trans cooler, boost fooler, ported turbo intake, etc. Still relatively mild mods. It's around 380hp right now, lots of torque.

Nitrous on a 2.0 TDI? Get a revo tune. Same $ and no bottle to fill.

Nitrous on a stock Cummins/Powerstroke/Duramax is useless. Why would you waste that $300 on a nitrous setup when you could get something like a PPE economy tuner for the same price and make how much more power?

As for the CRs there's a reason why guys are looking at upgraded pumps... Not enough fuel.

Last edited:

blitzed

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 spd
thanks. that Avatar was originally Jeff's (rocketchip). he changed his some years back so i took it since i run NX stuff..

been spraying N2O since almost 10 yrs. now :)

there is a reason the fastest TDIs use it. StingRayRT (ProfitTuning), the Finnish guys (yucca, hatemi), Gulu (DynoSoft), RyanP....all know how well it works ;)
Nitrous is fun for sure....except when the nitrous solenoid fails to operate and ruins your fun. My friend was running his 71 Datsun 240Z against another car, hit the button and ...BOGGGGG a/f went to like 9.0 lol, only the fuel solenoid activated. He was spraying 200 shot. He is running a stroked 12.5:1 compression inline 6, triple Weber 45 dcoe side draft carbs, cannon intake manifold, full header to muffler exhaust, nasty cam spinning to 7000, etc....car weighs 2450 lbs with him in it ,,,HP to weight ratio and proper gearing = smiles

Last edited:

jsf350

TDI
13 jetta tdi
as was said.... even on a stock diesel you can gain some hp on nitrous.. yes you see more power with a tuner...

my tdi is tuned and with nitrous will gain some more hp... just like your monster 7.3 would as well. 01 with stock injectors and stock hpop? sorry your not over 310@wheel

nitrous on a diesel has just the nitrous solenoid... (dry kit)
nitrous is for play/track/dyno

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
^ this

Unless you have a hookup for cheap/free bottle refills, nitrous gets expensive fast.

~$5 USD/lb. or thereabouts from refill stations isn't cheap for everyday use when it doesn't last long at all....especially if you spray a significant amount.
Getting setup to fill them yourself is cheaper when you rent/buy a 64lb. "mother bottle" from a local welding/medical supply...but still costs around $2.50 - $3 USD/lb. for the gas plus the cost to rent/buy the big bottle.

Tune/forced induction/fuel upgrades are the way to go for daily use

p_ferlow

TDI
09' Jetta TDI Revo tune 6spd, 01' F250 7.3L "tuned"
Mine runs out of HPOP pressure at higher rpm. 310? I dunno, perhaps, I've put the truck on the scale for weight and dynolicious says 371. Highest tune is dp-tuner 140hp "aggressive". 1/4 smoke on biodiesel as regular diesel. 4" magnaflow turbo-back, tymar air filter, dieselsite IC boots, ported turbo intake shroud, hx crossover line, boost fooler, built trans, 6.0 trans cooler, modded fuel regulator, etc etc. But, yes, I'll be upgrading the HPOP next and likely going with single shot injectors but not sure on noise difference... it's already loud as far as diesels go. Heard anything good about the adrenaline pump?

as was said.... even on a stock diesel you can gain some hp on nitrous.. yes you see more power with a tuner...

my tdi is tuned and with nitrous will gain some more hp... just like your monster 7.3 would as well. 01 with stock injectors and stock hpop? sorry your not over 310@wheel

nitrous on a diesel has just the nitrous solenoid... (dry kit)