Nissan forums like TDIClub?

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
What are the best forums for figuring out *** is going on with my fiance's 2005 Nissan.

Or if anyone is so privy to these little @(*boxes.

It's a 2005 SE with the 1.8. When I was driving it home today it just died. No warning no stutter just died. Then it refused to restart. I walked the fun 2 miles home and then tried it again a few hours later and it worked.

Googling it looks like there is an service bulletin about the fuel pressure regulator. So it's either that or somehow it's vapor locking itself while running.

That or who knows what it could be (didn't check spark). Stupid gasoline engines.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I feel your pain. I don't think there is another forum on the planet like Fred's. I tried finding a Toyota Corolla Forum and had pretty close to zero results for anything that was even remotely useful.

Sorry I'm not more help...............

disco biscuit

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
I just changed one of them on my buddies daughters 2.5 altima. Some are updated to prevent oil damage. If that one requires it they'll auto give it to ya. They just look different. I accessed that one from the top at the back of the motor. You tube search it.

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Changed them both on my old neighbors Altima. There is an old style and a new style. Buy two new styles from the dealer and change them both.

disco biscuit

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Your talking about the camshaft sensor being the extra. Yeah the old sensors were different between crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor. The new style work for both locations but make sure they're new style. Auto zone specifically has the exact same part the dealers gonna give you.

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
It just happened to her again. The thing is it only seems to happen when it's very hot. I've read a few things on the fuel pump being bad. I'm fairly certain she's had that camshaft error before.

Edit: how difficult of a job is it and how much do those things cost? She has the 1.8.

BadMonKey

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Focus ST
It just happened to her again. The thing is it only seems to happen when it's very hot. I've read a few things on the fuel pump being bad. I'm fairly certain she's had that camshaft error before.

Edit: how difficult of a job is it and how much do those things cost? She has the 1.8.
If it dies like the key is being turned to off i put money on the fuel pump relay switch. Cars that bake in the sun often have this go out from heat over the years. If it was a Honda i would say the ignitor in the distributor but not usually a problem with Nissan's. In any case i bet its related to power loss to the injectors

Fuel pumps rarely get restarted and when they die they sputter to a stop