Nicktane fuel filter installation

ishmael010

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
All-
I've looked around a bit, as I seem to have seen it before, but can't run across an install of a Nicktane Fuel Uber-Filter. I'm sure it's pretty straight-forward, but I was hoping to see another members install pictures to get a leg up.

Thanks!

Ish

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
The two worm clamps are kinda difficult to get at with the HUGE filter in place... That's about the hardest part of the install.

ishmael010

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
Nicktane...

installed it last evening. One question I have for those who already have theirs installed successfully, what torque is required on the bolts through the Banjo fittings, I tightened them down pretty snug, but seem to have a little leak, and it's not coming from the hose clamps.
Thanks!

Ish

ishmael010

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
bump!

Any information on the torque requirements?
Ish
installed it last evening. One question I have for those who already have theirs installed successfully, what torque is required on the bolts through the Banjo fittings, I tightened them down pretty snug, but seem to have a little leak, and it's not coming from the hose clamps.
Thanks!

Ish

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
Thanks!

Ish
Mine didn't leak & I didn't use a torque wrench. If it's leaking a wee bit I'd say just snug it down another 1/4 turn or so.