NHRDA Third Points Race, May 3rd

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
I'll be racing in Bremerton, Washington on May 3rd for the NHRDA's third points race. I placed 2nd at my last race in Portland, I'm hoping to do well at this race, too.

Wish me luck, :D :)

DbLog

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 335d
Wow!! The drag strip is cheap compared to a track day!! Keep us posted on your summer. Go kick some A$$ for us.

YellowBugGirl

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB
Good luck and have fun too!

I didn't even know till recently there was such a thing as diesel racing. Sure would be fun to try!

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
We did rain out on Saturday, but the track let us move our points race to Sunday... Here's the skinny:

I was on my game!! :D

I was top qualifier when we went into eliminations...:D I earned that by having a .009RT and top speed in my class - 94.58MPH.

My quickest time was 15.826 with a .007RT and the trap speed was 93.70MPH

My fastest time was 16.281 with a .071RT and the trap speed was 94.58MPH

My most accurate pass was a 15.98 dial-in and my ET was 15.984

I landed in second place at the end. I threw the final round by breaking out by a long shot (.154). I had the race in the palm of my hand at the lights, my RT was .007 and my opponent's RT was .385. As I was pulling away, I was 1.5 car lengths ahead at the 1000' mark, I usually tap the breaks and ride their bumper to the finish lane to win, but I knew I was breaking out and wanted to see how low I could get my ET. So, even though I lost the final round, I made a split second decision to stay in it to get a good ET. :D

It was a good day for Jetta Girl Racing!! My car performed beautifully, the PSI never went above 25.7PSI, my clutch seemed to hold, and traction was excellent. My car was a bit sluggish on the launch, but I think I was holding back to be easy on the stock clutch, but it was a freight train in the top end...

:D :D :cool:

MichaelP

TDI
2000 Jetta ALH 5-speed
And I still can't believe you didn't tap the brakes! I wish you would have, it would have been better for me in points!

If my plans work out, you won't be the only Jetta competing in NHRDA regularly...

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
MichaelP said:
And I still can't believe you didn't tap the brakes! I wish you would have, it would have been better for me in points!

If my plans work out, you won't be the only Jetta competing in NHRDA regularly...
Yaaayyy!!!

I can't wait to see it! Just a few more days!

MichaelP

TDI
2000 Jetta ALH 5-speed
Yup, I pick it up this afternoon. On the phone with KermaTDI right now, ordering a downloader, VAG-Com & manual. Damn, they're out of stock on the downloader, but I'm ordering it anyway (will get it next week).

It's dark blue, just like the blue in the ISSPRO logo! Hopefully the doors aren't curved too much for my magnet signs. It's so unsightly when I have to duct tape them on ;)

Regards,
Michael Pliska

MichaelP

TDI
2000 Jetta ALH 5-speed
I'm leaving tonight for the NHRDA double-race weekend in Medicine Hat, Alberta. I spent almost $1000 in diesel driving my F350 with camper to the last race in Billings, MT. Fuel costs for this trip (roughly the same mileage) should be around $170. Sure, I'll spend another $130 on hotel, but I can write that off against winnings for the season.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

MichaelP

TDI
2000 Jetta ALH 5-speed
I managed to win the Sunday event with my Jetta, and Jetta-Girl (Sarah) had to present the trophy (plaque) while wearing an ISSPRO hat (my employer). Per our side bet, she was also supposed to be wearing a "Powerstroke" T-shirt, but we couldn't come up with one. If she would have won, I would have been presenting the trophy wearing a pink "Jetta Girl" T-shirt...

I gave my ex-wife, her niece, and my daughter a ride for part of the trip (550 miles each way, of the 910 each way total), to visit her father. Despite running well above the speed limit, and weighing in at 3800 lbs (lots of stuff crammed in the car) we still averaged over 50 mpg!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Last edited: