NHRDA Points Race - Woodburn, OR - August 2nd

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI

I'm currently in second place in my class with the NHRDA and this will be the first race for me with my new clutch and LSD.

This is a great race to come watch, there will be a lot of semi-trucks racing and a very big field of trucks racing. I'm expecting I'll be the only VW there, unless Michael P. brings his out to play again.

Hope to see some of you out there, if you come, please stop by my pit area to say "hi":)

Wish me luck!! :)

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Russnut said:
hey how'd you do?
Well, I lost first round by .024 second. It was a very close race, I even "treed" my opponent, their reaction time was twice mine, but my car ran slower than it did in the qualifying rounds. We had two hours between our last qualifying round and the first round of eliminations and about 10* temperature change.

Then, to rub salt in the wound, I got a speeding ticket on the way home. I was doing 70 in a 60 with very light traffic. :mad:

I hope my luck turns around for next weekend!! See you then!!:)

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Best trap speeds, 60 fts, and Ets ???

Wondering how much the LSD & clutch helped is why... :D

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
SBAtdijetta said:
Best trap speeds, 60 fts, and Ets ???

Wondering how much the LSD & clutch helped is why... :D
My trap speeds slowed down quite a bit, 92MPH opposed to 95+MPH. We are thinking this is a result of my bigger wheels and wider tires.

60fts were 2.6 to 2.7 depending what RPM I launched at. I tried to keep it around 3K when I was launching, but my eyes were on the lights, not my tach and without a rev limiter it was hard for me to keep it perfectly steady.

ET's were a bit slower as well... 16.3's opposed to 15.8-15.9. Again, that may be due to my bigger wheel/tire package.

The new clutch performed beautifully. I was able to launch by feathering the clutch and it was a very smooth process. The clutch did not grab until I wanted it to. I could definitely feel the LSD pulling my car straight, there was no "walking" what-so-ever. I'm very happy with my clutch and LSD, I just wish 15 inch wheels would look as good as my 17's. :eek:

Oh, and FWIW, I had a 1/2 tank of fuel, usually I try to wean it down to ~1/4 tank.

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
I forgot to post the EGT's and Boost:
I am currently using a 25 PSI tune from Kerma/ Alligator... out of four runs, my boost was: 25.3, 25.0, 25.1, and 25.5

The EGT's were: 1530, 1493, 1490, and 1496. These are pre-turbo temps.

The outside temps were about 80*

:)