NHRDA National Championship Race, Pacific Raceways - Sept. 15th, 20007

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
The NHRDA National Championship race is going to be on September 15th, 2007. I'm only 10 points away from the current leader and have a really good chance at winning the championship. That means that I have to advance only one round more than him, and I got it. Well, almost. The guy in third is only ten points away from me, so it's actually a really close race between me and two other guys.

I would really appreciate some TDI support there at the track to cheer me on. Bracket racing a stick shift car against automatic 4X4's is really hard!

If I get the title of 2007 NHRDA Champion, it will be the first time a TDI has taken the title, and the first time a girl has taken it.

So, who wants to come out to beautiful Seattle to see a TDI whoop up on some big ol' trucks?!:D

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
YAY........Can't wait Girl...........We will race for the fun of it & bring the camper.......

We will be there ABSOLUTELY& supporting you kick some cummins @ss..!!!!! :D:cool::cool:

Last edited:

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
It will be cool to have some TDI's to race with... But even better is to have some of the TDI'ers there to cheer us on. I don't think people understand how hard it is to compete against 4X4's with automatic trannies. :eek:

Ian, you are welcome to crash in our RV. We'll be at the track Friday night. :D

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Sure, why not? He could bunk with the kids...They don't bite, promise.

They just might duct tape him and play pinata, but they don't bite.;)

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
He bunked with us in the camper, let's just say Lance left in the middle of the night...........haha ;)

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Five more days!! YAY!!

I guess this means I need to wash the bird crap off my car...:eek: Gotta look pretty to spank the boys!

:p ;) :cool:

tatawill

TDI
none
Guys, I do not have a car yet:) But I'd love to see the show. How much the tickets are for tomorrow? Can I buy them online? Do you think they won't be sold out when I get there tomorrow?

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Just show up at the gate. The tickets are $15.00 to watch.

Come and say hi to me... I won't be hard to find!!:D

On my way out the door now, we are camping at the track.

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
The race was a chaotic one to say the least... When we showed up, the gates opened at 8:00am, and we had to have our vehicles ready and through tech by 9:00am. The trucks that didn't make it to the staging lanes by 9:00am were not allowed to have their qualifying round. Luckily, I made it in time, but there were some racers that got stuck in the long lines at the gates, and were waiting for the tech inspector to come pass their trucks. By the time they got to our staging lanes, it was 9:05am. No big deal, since we still weren't done with that qualifying round. But, the staff wouldn't let them run anyways... So, we get through our next qualifying round and wait for the tower to produce the ladders. We are bracketed according to our reaction times in the qualifying rounds. We earn our position in eliminations. Well, the tower must have just picked our race numbers out of a hat, because the ladders didn't reflect how we stacked up in the qualifying rounds at all. But, we decide to roll with it anyways. However, as soon as we line up in the staging lanes according to the bogus ladder sheet, the staging staff threw out the ladder sheets and relined us up how they thought it should be. Which wasn't any better than the way the tower staff lined us up. This caused a huge fight between the two departments. As this is a major violation of NHRA rules.

First round, I lost. By .004 second. It sucks, because not only did I lose, but I lost to someone who wasn't even in the points race, and I wasn't even supposed to be lined up against him anyways. That loss was enough to bump me down to third for the overall points.:( The two other racers who were in the running for the championship were going to contest the decision made by the track regarding the ladders, but I was just too worn out by that time to even think about racing well in a "do-over".

So, the end of the season looks like this for me... Third place over all, highest ranked stick shift driver, and highest ranked female driver. Not bad, but not as good as I would have liked.

This ^^^ is what losing by .004 second looks like. Notice our back tires, too bad the race isn't determined by the rear tires breaking the beams.:p

^^^ Getting ready to stage.

That's all the pictures I can come up with now... Here's a link to see the event's pictures:

http://www.nhrda.com/DragRacingImages/DRG_20070915a/index.html

hdeptech

Veteran Member
TDI
that sucks. this is why it is hard for me to want to race. when it comes to the diesel class the track officals get all cross eyed. Its is also hard to make a bracket when there is suck a huge difference in some set-ups.

TDISwapMaster

TDI
VW T4 2.5 TDI, VW Golf Cabrio MK3 TDI SWAP, Jetta MK4 150-PD 6 speed, AWD VT6 Race build
hdeptech said:
that sucks. this is why it is hard for me to want to race. when it comes to the diesel class the track officals get all cross eyed. Its is also hard to make a bracket when there is suck a huge difference in some set-ups.
If you want to kick some surious but. Its not a problem. You just need to build a car.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
hdeptech said:
The whole point of bracket racing is to even out the inequalities between various cars in a class. Hence Sarah racing her MK5 1.9 TDI vs guys with bad-a$$ Cummins trucks. In an ideal race, if both vehicles were dialed in properly and both drivers had a perfect reaction time, and with the proper stagin of lights between the lanes, both vehicles should cross the finish line at the exact same time. This is where driver ability/experience comes into play, as well as dial-in times.

Nice job Sarah! Too bad about the cr@ppy situation, but hopefully it'll get straightened out for you!

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Thanks, Ed. I'm not going to object the call now. There is no way to "fix" it. Just sucks, that's all.:eek:

Are you going to race with us more next year? It would be great to have you at more of the races!:)