NHRDA First Points Race For 2008, Feb.16th - Seattle

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
We are having our first points race in Seattle on Feb.16th. It would be great to have some other TDI's to race with, or even just some showing up to offer support would be nice.

Anyone wanna come out to play? :)

Darth Bug

TDI
2002 Beetle GLS
damn, i wish i would have checked this yesterday because i totally would have been there; not to race (stupid limp mode). haha i know funny.

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
We are going to be in Portland March 8th... You should come out to that one, the track at PIR is very well run, and we always have a good time.:)

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Yeah, we started about 2:00 and they let us hot-lap to get our qualifying rounds done. Then, we were able to get through our eliminations pretty quickly. Besides the NHRDA, there were about 5-6 motorcycles and about 6-8 other cars for the test and tune. It was a quick day.

I didn't have my TDI there, I was so sick with the flu that's going around. But, I did borrow a truck just to get one round of eliminations done so I could get my points from the race.

We are not going to be in Seattle racing again this season, but next month we are going to Portland. It would be great to see a strong TDI showing there...:D

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
PDX... The wife and I marked the calender. We will try and round up a group.:D

O.C.TDI

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
O.C.TDI said:
PDX... The wife and I marked the calender. We will try and round up a group.:D

O.C.TDI
Please make sure you stop by and say "hi". I love to meet TDI'ers!!

Looking forward to it! :)

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Fun meeting you JettaGirl and all. Jose, nice to put a face to the name. Hopefully next time I'll run along side you all!
-J

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
C'mon boys and girls, don't leave us all hanging - what happened? How did the car run? What kind of times were you putting down with the new setup? Inquiring minds wanna know!! :D

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
oldpoopie said:
Fun meeting you JettaGirl and all. Jose, nice to put a face to the name. Hopefully next time I'll run along side you all!
-J
Same here. Poops summed it up pretty well.:cool:

Good luck with the season.
O.C.TDI

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Yeah, thanks so much for taking the time to come say "hi" and talk to me about what's going on with my car. I really appreciated having some support out there, and really appreciated you guys helping me understand more about my car!!

I didn't see you leave, so I don't know if you got to watch the final round, but I placed second. I'm pretty happy with that, considering that was the first time I was racing with my new set-up and was having to re-learn how to race my car...

Please let me know when you find out more about Waterland, sounds like a lot of fun, and I would definitely try to make it.

It was great meeting you, thanks again for the support:D

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Sorry we had to jet. I did see you run a couple more times. I think it was 11 when we left. What time did you finish?
Check out www.pacificwaterland.com. The site is down tonight for some work, but keep an eye on it.
You can see the cached version here
Sept 7th at woodburn.
It was fun and I cant wait to get out there on the track myself.

SuperChicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg TDI
Good to see you and Mike again, Sarah. Nice to meet you oldpoopie and OC.

I took a bunch of video with Jose's camera, I will try to steal it from him next time I'm out at the shop.

That 1400km drive motivated me to get my TDI back up to full power, I've already started looking around at some new upgrades. I most likely won't be hunting down points this season in the NHRDA, but I will do my best to make it to the events! If it comes down to me and you in a race, I'll do my best not to steal your thunder. :D

-Ian

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Ed's TDI said:
C'mon boys and girls, don't leave us all hanging - what happened? How did the car run? What kind of times were you putting down with the new setup? Inquiring minds wanna know!! :D
Ed, my car was not running at it's full potential. I made a pretty impressive smoke screen, but my times were not impressive.

But, nevertheless, I placed 2nd!:cool:

We are pretty sure we figured out the problem, and it's an easy fix. Hope to lay down much better times next month up in Mission. You gonna come out to play? April 6th, Mission.

Ian, I'm not worried about you stealing my thunder... Bring it, Sucka!!:D

LOL