Next step for more HP for my 05 BEW Golf

flyntigger

TDI
2005 PD Golf TDI
I'm currently running a GTB2056vk turbo, Malone stage V custom tune, rebuilt stock injectors with larger nozzles, 3" ss exhaust, front mount intercooler, Stage II daily clutch, colt II cam, egr delete, PD150 intake manifold, and ARP head bolts. I had my car dyno'd and it came in at 180 hp. It's my daily driver and I'm looking to take it to the next level of performance. It's a super fun car to drive with all the brake, suspension, and handling mods, just need more power. I would like to get a minimum 250+ and closer to 300 hp from my BEW motor. I'm considering a larger turbo and of course tune. My questions and concerns are:
Can I use my stock engine internals to reach this power goal?
If I have to upgrade my rods and pistons, would it make sense to swap out my BEW for a BHW and rebuild that motor instead?

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
Pretty tall and expensive order for our BEW engines…anything over 200hp is a ton of money for very little gains and things will definitely break…stock internals need to be upgraded…not sure about the BHW swap by I’m sure someone will chime in

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
wow only 180 on that turbo? You need a better flash according to the EU pages I see. I expect to see 190 with a vnt hybrid turbo and pd150 pumps.

Have you done all the work your self?

tdi_my live

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Fabia
I'm currently running a GTB2056vk turbo, Malone stage V custom tune, rebuilt stock injectors with larger nozzles, 3" ss exhaust, front mount intercooler, Stage II daily clutch, colt II cam, egr delete, PD150 intake manifold, and ARP head bolts. I had my car dyno'd and it came in at 180 hp. It's my daily driver and I'm looking to take it to the next level of performance. It's a super fun car to drive with all the brake, suspension, and handling mods, just need more power. I would like to get a minimum 250+ and closer to 300 hp from my BEW motor. I'm considering a larger turbo and of course tune. My questions and concerns are:
Can I use my stock engine internals to reach this power goal?
If I have to upgrade my rods and pistons, would it make sense to swap out my BEW for a BHW and rebuild that motor instead?
Your GTB ist good for 250-270HP.
What nozzles are installed?

flyntigger

TDI
2005 PD Golf TDI
wow only 180 on that turbo? You need a better flash according to the EU pages I see. I expect to see 190 with a vnt hybrid turbo and pd150 pumps.

Have you done all the work your self?
nope. Had a mechanic do the install and another tech dial in the setup/tune. I told them I wanted a reliable and not too aggressive tune for my stock engine intervals. So I got what I asked for 🤨. Suppose I should have asked for something closer to 200 hp, which I could go back and due but would rather rebuild with stronger rods, etc with a more capable turbo.

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
Yes your turbo is too big for the bottom end snd the tuner likely knew that snd did not wanna send a rod through the block.

to me I think swapping for a bhw makes more sense if you got a manual trans that mates up to it.

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
If it’s a Malone tune he will retune it for much less than the initial cost. You need a flash zilla tho or send it in