Newport, RI Autocenter VW going out of business

tdisky

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (hers)
Newport Autocenter in Middletown, RI is closing in about a month. This includes the VW, Mazda, Chrysler and Jeep stores. The BMW will stay. There's other Autocenters, but this is the location on West Main Road.

So my wife and I stopped by the VW showroom a week ago on a whim, looking at a Passat CC for her. Of course, in the showroom was a 2009 TDI Jetta, 6M, graphite blue, gorgeous, at 800 under sticker. After two agonizing days and nights, I decided against it - I just love my 2004 too much (I know, I should get out more often).

OK, so the saleman calls that afternoon, and says they're going OOB, and make them an offer. I pulled a number (right out of you know where) 2800 below sticker and they bit. We picked it up Saturday, and it's a beaut. They said they have a few TDI's left...

Looks like I need to change my sig...:D

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Congrats. Goes to show the market. BTW, you have good numbers up there. Best 09 purchase price I have heard of.

Bob

Chimney

TDI
'00 Jetta TDI 5spd 275k => '06 Jetta TDI SE DSG (RIP 177k) => '13 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Let me know if you decide you want to sell the 04. I'll contact them for a quote. Who was the salesperson's name? PM me, thanks.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Will they continue to provide service, or are the official (and probably still unused) VW specialty tools going up for sale?

tdisky

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (hers)
Thanks, all. I'm very excited about my new ride - dazzling.

LN, I don't know about the service shop or anything; they said that they were going out of business, so I take it that means everything. Again, the BMW is staying.

Yes, I'm selling my PD. I did post a thread on it in this forum on Feb. 16th, while I was agonizing. All the info should be in there. Oh, and the price isn't *that* firm...

People at work are surprised "But I thought you LOVED your TDI!" After choking back guilt and tears, I straighten up and say, yes, but I love this one too!