Newfoundland tdi'ers

reildawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Just moved to St. Johns from Ontario, my jetta brought me here. Any other enthusiasts in the region?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
There's been a few over the years, but this section (Atlantic) has been very quiet the last couple years generally.

hughc

TDI
2005 tdi passat
Just moved to St. Johns from Ontario, my jetta brought me here. Any other enthusiasts in the region?

If all goes well, I'm hoping to take my 2005 Passat Tdi wagon 5 sp over to watch the Targa in early Sept. Really not looking forward to the ferry ride to Argentia though. But I am anxious to hang out with Newfies for a week or so.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
If all goes well, I'm hoping to take my 2005 Passat Tdi wagon 5 sp over to watch the Targa in early Sept. Really not looking forward to the ferry ride to Argentia though. But I am anxious to hang out with Newfies for a week or so.
I'd love to do that ride, but its incredibly expensive.

scurvdaddycheese

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
I just bought a 2004 jetta wagon, living on the west coast of the island! The first job will be getting the rust under control :O.

hughc

TDI
2005 tdi passat
I just bought a 2004 jetta wagon, living on the west coast of the island! The first job will be getting the rust under control :O.
You have 12 years from the day your car was registered to put in a claim for VW's corrosion warranty. In your case it could be very close. Check your hand book to see when the vehicle was first registered and if the 12yrs are not up yet get the buggy down to your VW dealer to get your claim in. Don't let up on them. Be insistent.
I just put in my last claim for my 2005 Passat and if it goes thru (it better, or else) I will in total have a new hood, two new front doors, two new front fenders, two new rear doors, a new hatch, repainted roof and repainted quarters. I'm even pushing for new black door trim pieces but we'll see how that works out.
good luck.

Last edited:

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
If anyone in NFLD needs steering rack lines for the Mk3 or 4, I have them ,, rust free southern US ones,

honda_vtec2

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf ALH tdi, 1997 Jetta 1z tdi

Howdy, i also moved temporarily from Ontario. I am in the Saint Antoine area. My mk4 brought me here. I wonder if anyone knows any good wrecker yards around Moncton that you can pick/pull/pluck/carry :)